National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The application has box for SSN. It doesn't say if this is optional. A few native-born American adults might not even have an SSN.

I'm not a fan of disclosing such information.

It's only optional to disclose a SSN on the DROS to purchase a gun.

They also ask if the applicant was arrested or charged with a crime. They don't ask about criminal convictions.

I don't think they have any business asking about criminal history unless it was a conviction that would prohibit a person from owning a gun as a felony.

It sounds like they want to know if you were ever charged with even stealing a candy bar from Walmart.

This is what I hate about CCW applications. Too much digging deep. The government has yet another way to nose into people's privacy and collect CCW fees as revenue.

This is why I applaud CC.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
It’s been a very long time since I filled out the application.
Dont recall about the SS number, but I do remember the question regarding criminal arrests/ convictions.
Yes, you are right. I would much rather Texas and all states be Constitutional Carry.
But this is the price I had to pay to legally carry here.
I remember when I couldn’t and that sucked more than filling out the stupid application

·
Registered
758 Posts
We had a new Sheriff in my county and when I re-applied for my ccw, they now wanted my DD214. I told him NO and had a permit for 15 years with out it and that I would sue him and the State if they would not re-new it without the DD214. My Military records are suppose to be in the NICS and have never been denied a permit. The Sheriff's attorney came to me and said I wouldn't have to furnish the DD214 and I told him NO VETERAN should have to show theirs as it was not needed. He agreed, but I did not follow up on whether it was still on the application.

Voluntary in N.C.

If you read any ccw permit application it says that perjury is a felony if you lie on the application in all 50 States, as far as I know .

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
What is DROS?

·
Banned
130 Posts
We had a new Sheriff in my county and when I re-applied for my ccw, they now wanted my DD214. I told him NO and had a permit for 15 years with out it and that I would sue him and the State if they would not re-new it without the DD214. My Military records are suppose to be in the NICS and have never been denied a permit. The Sheriff's attorney came to me and said I wouldn't have to furnish the DD214 and I told him NO VETERAN should have to show theirs as it was not needed. He agreed, but I did not follow up on whether it was still on the application.

Voluntary in N.C.

If you read any ccw permit application it says that perjury is a felony if you lie on the application in all 50 States, as far as I know .
+1

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
What is DROS?
most likely its form 4470 federal required paperwork.......or as i like to call it the old yellow sheet.....though it is no longer yellow...and the associated record keeping book of date in/out of firearms transferred

this is the
Dealer
Record
Of
Sale

though i supose some States may require additional records........perhaps.....govts/agencies love additional paperwork....

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
most likely its form 4470 federal required paperwork.......or as i like to call it the old yellow sheet.....though it is no longer yellow...and the associated record keeping book of date in/out of firearms transferred

this is the
Dealer
Record
Of
Sale

though i supose some States may require additional records........perhaps.....govts/agencies love additional paperwork....
I remember the old yellow sheets back when I had a FFL; but then again, back then there were no calls; just fill it in and away the buyer went

1 - 8 of 8 Posts