National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He got his Dream Act kicked back in his face and this may table amnesty for a while.

I am amazed that Senator Reid is continuing to ram this down the American peoples throat after so many defeats. He stated before that he would keep pushing that agenda and he has kept his word.

I don't get it! What the heck is a senator from Nevada doing pushing this kind of an issue! I hope the people of Nevada ride his butt out of town on a rail come election time. I think he is up for election in 08, not sure about that but I hope he is one who falls by the wayside.

Some of the states appear to put their senators in for life. Mass, NY, Conn, CA lots of the liberal states give them a lifetime contract. I just hope that their are some changes to the Democrat old guard in this next election. I pray for some positive changes in 08 that breaks up this Democratic majority.

What say you on this issue!

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
I am happy this got voted down - but one Texas senator - Hutchison, actually voted FOR this damn thing..

The Houston Chronicle states that there are actually several bills pending that deal with amnesty - One supposedly would legalize 1.5 million farm workers and another to increase H1B Visas...

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suppose they intend to keep tossing stuff into the pot until something sticks! Most likely they will try to wear us down and catch us asleep when they slip that amnesty bill through the back door. ;)

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
This is the exact reason they're approval rating is under 11%. And they talk about Bush. Bill T.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Congress Moves Forward On Amnesty Reform Legislation…Piece by Piece

Astonished by and unprepared for the overwhelming public opposition to immigration reforms favoring legal status for millions of illegal aliens this year, members of Congress have since devised a new strategy for pushing through similar legislation to achieve amnesty.

Since the defeat of the Bush-Kennedy immigration reform bill, members of the House and Senate have shred this bill into several pieces and are attempting to introduce them as stand-alone pieces of legislation or amendments to other new bills. The backers of these smaller bills are hoping the American public will not notice!

PROPOSED

AgJobs (S. 340) which would grant amnesty to illegal alien farm workers, is back again…and is likely to be brought to the Senate floor as early as next week. Having been rejected several times, it has been resurrected as an "add-on" to the proposed 2008 Farm Bill.

DEFEATED

The DREAM Act of 2007 (S. 2205): proposed in March, and reintroduced and defeated this week, contained the same costly, unfair provisions including granting millions of illegal aliens legal status and put them on the fast-track to citizenship; and tax-payer funded assistance for those who are college students. Sponsors of the DREAM Act tried to attach it to the Defense Authorization Bill, and this time failed to get the necessary votes to pass as a stand-alone bill. If passed, this would have been a turning point for illegal aliens seeking a "foot in the door" for amnesty.

The Vitter amendment to the Commerce, Justice and Science (CJS) Appropriations Bill (H.R. 3093) which would have withheld federal funding for a community policing program from municipalities with sanctuary policies in place. Currently, numerous cities around the country, including Los Angeles and New York, have sanctuary policies that bar law enforcement from inquiring into the immigration status of criminal suspects. The result is that thousands of criminal aliens pass through the hands of law enforcement undetected. Had the Vitter amendment passed, it would have pressured municipalities to repeal their sanctuary policies rather than forego essential community policing funds.

It is obvious that opponents of sensible immigration reform in Congress have adopted a "divide and conquer" strategy in the hope that we will not be able to identify and mobilize the American public as we did earlier this year against the Senate amnesty bill.

As Congress continues to introduce and reintroduce immigration reform legislation during this session, FAIR remains vigilant, prepared to act quickly to defeat destructive bills, and fight for the ones we must have. And remember, amnesty legislation need pass only once to become the law of the land; we must win every time to prevent this from happening! FAIR needs your support now to remain poised to act effectively on behalf of sensible immigration reform.

·
55,659 Posts
A bit earlier, I typed out about a two thousand word post for here, but decided to delete it for fear of sounding like a nutcase. I don't believe these clowns realize just how much hatred they are fomenting out in the real world.

If they persist, they may find out, I'm afraid. I hope.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Oh no, brother, let it all out....when you say "clowns", you are referring to politicians---right?

I have never donated to a politician before, but I'm thinking about giving to the persons who runs against Dirty Harry and T kennedy. These two are really bad news.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Popeye said:
A bit earlier, I typed out about a two thousand word post for here, but decided to delete it for fear of sounding like a nutcase.

A nutcase? Among other nutcases?!?!? Hardly.......... pour your heart out Mr Popeye, we're all ears (or eyes ;) )

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I currently rely on Numbers USA to keep me informed about new legislation on immigration. The minutemen send me info also, so I respond quickly when I know about impending legislation.

Numbers USA allows you to send faxes to your senators and representatives for free and will keep a board of your responses and areas that you need to address up for you to review. Its a fantastic system. http://www.numbersusa.com/index

Please put up a notices if you are aware of anything that involves immigration or gun control so we can all choose to respond to our legislators if we so desire.

·
55,659 Posts
Numbers USA provides an important service.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do think that offense is the best defense and the pro-gun crowd is making a big mistake by not pushing hundreds of pro-gun bills down the throat of Congress to keep them busy trying to defeat our legislation.

Legislation to get a national carry licensing bill, bills to eliminate gun confiscation on misdemeanors charges like license suspension, same for gun confiscation for individuals with marriage problems and a restraining order, outlawing FOID cards as gun registration, attacking cities with anti-gun laws, etc. Our side needs to hammer the hell out of the new Congress to get an incremental advantage going our way instead of fighting this retreating action all the time.

We need a pro-gun angel billionaire who is willing to sponsor pro second amendment legislation and lawsuits. There are many on the anti-gun side like George Soros that push their agenda all the time, we need to do it too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts