National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Léitheoir
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woman Arrested For Assault After Shooting Fleeing Suspect In August | KLIN-AM

https://www.1011now.com/content/new...nce-store-charged-with-assault-558812031.html

A woman who shot a man attempting to steal alcohol from a Kwik Shop in east Lincoln is arrested for 1st degree assault.
Lincoln Police Chief Jeff Bliemeister says, after reviewing all the evidence, it was determined that the shooter, 38-year-old Shelby Jones, was in the wrong when she fired on the suspect, 22 year-old Tilian Tilian, the morning of August 1st.
During the incident, an employee observed Tilian attempting to steal two bottles of liquor and tried to physically restrain him and prevent him from leaving.
Jones was a customer in the store and saw the altercation when she drew her handgun and placed herself in between Tilian and the exit.
Tilian broke free from the store employee, ran past Jones, exited the store and Jones shot Tilian upon exiting. Jones shot Tilian in the back of the arm, missing the store clerk who had also exited the store at that point.
“I want to emphasize that the shot was fired after Tillian Tillian had left the Kwik Shop and was fleeing,” says Bliemeister
Tillian was treated and released from a hospital and has not been cited, though Bliemeister says he will face a citation or other charge pending a review process.
He notes Jones does have a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
She goes to jail

Reactions: Marylou and Spooky

·
Registered
15,144 Posts
Sounds like he wasn't even a threat, just a thief. You can't shoot someone just for stealing. If it's robbery, that's different, but someone just trying to steal a couple cans of beer? Sorry, that doesn't work.

·
Léitheoir
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sadly I have to agree. Bad shoot. :nono:

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Agreed bad shoot! I knew a guy involved in a similar incident who was working at a Chevron Mini Mart. He drew his CCW and chased a guy out the door who had stolen a pack of cigarettes firing a couple rounds over the fleeing thief's head. As a result he lost his CCW permit, his gun rights and he went to jail.

·
Registered
14,886 Posts
Not much future in making gibberish posts on gun forums.

Gibberish would be an upgrade.

As far as the shooting she was wrong. I wonder if the laws were changed and you could shoot someone like that if it would affect the crime rates?????

Reactions: bc38

·
Léitheoir
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are my posts showing with gibberish?

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,304 Posts
This ones easy...
Shooting an approaching or life threatening threat = Self defense
Shooting anything/anyone that is retreating = Attempted murder/murder

·
Registered
14,886 Posts
Bad shoot. Everybody knows you have to drag him back in and put a knife in his hand. Amatures.

I've heard more than one cop say that over the years but the problem now is those damn forensics that can prove a yellow breasted house fly lost a hair in the perps nose when he was 3 feet out the door.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts