National Gun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our esteemed members is a mod at the FN site. Nice site and looks good.

I will have to admit I have never seen a FN pistol and know nothing about them. I have heard that they have a nice combat rifle, I have seen pictures of that but handguns, never touched one, never seen one and I have never known anyone that owns one. Have I been living a sheltered life?

Are they made in Belgium? No clue!

Do you own a FN pistol or rifle? Educate me before "shipwreck" reads this post and yells at me?

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
Haha... It is okay. Except for the Hi Power, many of their guns are somewhat "new" to the US market.

I think everyone has seen the P90 that is used on Stargate SG1 - that is the sole experience with FN that many people have.

I have one of their handguns - The Five Seven. It is made in Belgium, and is a 5.7x28mm handgun. I just got one in fact. Here is a pic:

I also have a PS90 carbine - but it is my understanding that these are actually made at their USA plant. And, the FNP pistols are getting pretty popular. I think those are made in the US too. Everyone is waiting for their upcoming 45 ACP release of the FNP. You may have seen the Browning Pro 9? It is the same gun as the FNP basically. It just comes with 1 less mag but can be carried cocked and locked.

Here is a pic from their site:

As for their rifles - they make several, actually. I have the PS90 - here is mine (I have a lot of modifications done to it):

And, they also make these:

Several variants of their bolt action design:

And some shotgun variants:

Furthermore - they actually make many of the M4s for our military - although, their contract doesn't allow them to make civilian ARs. And, there used to be FN Hi Powers, although they quit importing those, and now you can only get Browning HPs.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice looking collection of weapons! I like that picture of the new 45, slick looking gun.

I had a browning Hi-power at one time and liked it a lot. A high quality firearm to be sure. Made in Belgium. Trigger was a little tough to deal with. That's the one I took apart and smoothed all the parts to slick up the action. Then at the range the first shot turned into a full auto discharge of all 13 rounds. Seems I filed down the edge of the sear a bit too much! Got the attention of most of the folks at the range including the range master.

Thanks for the education. :oops:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SheNine said:
They are awesome firearms!!! I still want a FN Hi-power in my collection..........

If hubby really loved you he would buy you one today!! ;)

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
sig232 said:
SheNine said:
They are awesome firearms!!! I still want a FN Hi-power in my collection..........

If hubby really loved you he would buy you one today!! ;)

His reply: "Geez - I thought you wanted a GP100?!?!?" ;)

Well, yeah - among other things, dearest!!!........ :twisted:

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
eXXit said:
Fn owns Winchester is that true?
I think it is true - actually - many companies own the WInchester name. A seperate company makes the WWB U buy at Wal-Mart. FN 's pump shotgun is just a modified Winchester 1300.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts