National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Glock 26,S&W 37,Kimber Custom ll,Berreta Tomcat,S&W 19,Rossi 68,Browning Buckmark,J.P. Sauer & Sohn Montana Marshal,S&W 29,NAA .22mag,S&W 637,Ruger Super Blackhawk.

Ruger 10-22,Remington 514,WesternField 740,Taurus 72,CVA Hunterbolt,Ruger M77 MKll,Winchester 150.

Mossberg 500,Remington 1100,Remington 870 Wingmaster,Remington 870 20ga,Remington 870 .410,
NEF 16ga.

Now show me yours....

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Four days,26 views and not a single post.
Come on somebody show me something or at least leave a comment!

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
OK! :shock: I just can't stop drooling long enough to type :lol: . Everytime I look at them I want to go out and buy a bunch of guns ;) . That's a very fine collection and I wish you all the luck with them. :---

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Fine collections, both of you. I don't have a scanner so I am currently unable to post my collection...which isn't near as big as what's up here already. Are either one of you about finished with your collection...I know there is 'never enough' guns in one's collection, but is there a certain gun your still after...or would make you feel that the collection was 'more complete' for lack of a better word?

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
brandonsuperglide said:
Come on somebody show me something
How's this?

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
:i: :i: After looking at all these beauy's I dead passed out. :lol: I knew you had a fine collection there Mr Magnum but it took my breath away. ;) Good luck to the both of you with all them fine guns. :-B-:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Thanks Baldy.
I'll tell you what takes my breath away - it's Satanz picture - they sure grow some fine crops down there in Texas.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW and WOW!

Every time I get a new gun I always think of just "1" more I "need".
As of right now my next addition is going to be a 3" 1911 just not sure which one yet.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
SatanzBountyHunter said:
brandonsuperglide said:
Come on somebody show me something
How's this?
Jeez, boy, how big a safe you got?

Regarding the other collections that have been posted, all I can say is :eek:

I just bought another one today (a used Sig P232), and I've got 2 that I have not found time to get to the range to shoot yet.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
To Satanz:
As to completing a collection - do you honestly think that can ever be accomplished???? LOL!
I have examples of just about every thing catalogued by and for H&R - so my collecting has slowed a bit. However, in the past two months I have come across two pieces that, until I got them, were unknown to H&R collectors and cataloguers. It pays to develop networks, locally and nationally, and of course have the money necessary to keep your networkers happy. That is the point where I am, currently - trying to find that 12 or 14 pointer in the thick woods. I pass up lots of common pieces at this point.
(There will be a rewrite of the H&R Section in the 29th Edition of the Blue Book, by Fjestadt - it will be more comprehensive than anything previously published. And - later in 2008, there will be an entire book published on the COMPLETE line of H&R firearms from 1871 to 1999 - this book is in the final stages of prep. and is authored by Bill Goforth, the author of THE books on Iver Johnson firearms. Many of the guns in the pictures I posted above - will be cited in that book.)
Jim Hauff

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
I was always a really strong Colt fan and started a decent collection when I was younger, but then Colt started selling out and going through their 'phases', so I lost some interest in getting all their products because it just didn't seem the same anymore. How did you get started on H&R? I don't even own one...only because I am somewhat unfamiliar with that brand. Started reading up on them after your post. Did they take over Marlin? I do have a Marlin 30/30.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I started collecting H&R's because they were inexpensive and there was alot of them at the gunshows that I went to. Also, I got a copy of Guntraders Guide and there were more H&R Models listed than any of the other middle of the road priced manufacturers. After I acquired all the "cheaper" ones, the ones I "needed" started to cost a lot more. It just kept growing from there - one after another. I've now got more value in my H&R collection (as well as others) than in my 401K. Stock market goes down, gun values go up!
Marlin purchased the H&R and NEF names and assets in 2000. Remington has either just finished or is in the process of finishing the purchase of Marlin. Remington has announced plans to keep the H&R 1871 and NEF lines of single shot rifles and shotguns and possibly some of the imported (Chinese) pump and semi- shotguns in the market.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Did they primarily make small caliber handguns? My Blue Book lists lots of models, they're all .32, .22, one .38 and a few .45 commemoratives.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Started in 1871 as Wesson & Harrington - made .22, .32, .38 & .41 RF SA spur trigger pocket revolvers.
Reorganized in 1876 as Harrington & Richardson - continued sprur triggers, produced a double action solid frame revolver in 1880 in .32 S&W &.38 CF Short. In 1883 introduced the American Dbl Action solid frames/pull pin revolver in .32S&W/.32 H&R Long, .38 CF and .44 Webley/.44 American Bulldog, followed by the Young America Dbl Action in .22 rf & .32 S&W and also some .32 RF short called the "Bulldog". Circa 1885 introduced hinged frame Auto & Manual Ejectors in .32 cf & .38 cf. The auto-ejector became the basis for a number of hinged frame revolvers and single shot pistol models that lasted up to 1941 or 42, including the Single Shot Target/USRA .22lr and the Sportsman which lasted up to around 1999. In 1904, 05 & 06, introduced a series of new solid frame revolvers in .32, .38 & .22 intended to replace the ADA and YADA but didn't. The Model 04 Large Frame eventually led to a series of .22rf revolvers that evolved into the swingout cylinder revolvers of the 1970s. The Model 05 medium frame died around 1939. The Model 06 small frame evolved into the Trapper and Hunter models. During WW2, H&R made weapons for the US Gov't including a series of .45ACP select fire carbines, used by the USMC and a .45ACP Semi-auto carbine used by plant guards, etc. and a .22lr training semi auto rifle. H&R also produced a series of 20mm Automatic Cannons used on aircraft, including the P-59 Black Widow. After WW2, they continued with a variety of revolvers in .22rf, .32 S&W/long & .38 S&W - and a series of bolt action, pump and semi-auto .22 lr rifles;
bolt and semi-auto hunting rifles assembled on Sako and FN made actions.
First shotgun was either produced in England or licensed for production in the US by Anson & Deeley - it was a true hammerless double barrel in 10, 12, 16, 20 ga. In 1901, the first single barrel shotgun with break open action was introduced and led to a series of improved versions in several frame sizes - production of these has lasted up to today. The hinged frame shotguns led to the development after WW2 of a large line of single barrel hinged frame/break open rifles in various calibers, production of which continues through today, also.
The line of Springfield "Trapdoor", model 1871 & 1873 rifles and carbines in .45-70, was produced in the 1970's.
H&R also produced, assembled and/or marketed bolt, pump, double barrel and semi-auto shotguns made for them domestically as well as in France, etc.
H&R produced about 400,000 M1 Garands in the 1953 to 1957 era, M-14s in the early 1960s and M-16s in the 1970s.
There are more details, too much for a board. Check the 29th Edition of the Blue Book by S. Fjestadt coming out in April or May AND the H&R Book by Bill Goforth in Fall of 08 for all the details - both will be very interesting reads for anyone interested in H&Rs or the history of gun development in general.
Jim Hauff

G

·
Hello everyone, seems like a good place to start.
You guys have alot of nice stuff, hope you like the pics.

Arsenal SA M-5 5.56

Arsenal SLR-106FR 5.56

Springfield SOCOM 16

FNH PBR XP .308

G

·
Guns left to me by my father with the exception of the Beretta and S&W 6906 which I already had

Tanfoglio Witness .40

Tanfoglio TZ75 9mm

Spanish LLAMA IX-A .45

S&W Model 586 .357

S&W Model 59 9mm

S&W Model 39-2 9mm

S&W .38 4 inch 64-3

S&W .38 3 inch 64-3

S&W 6906 9mm

Ruger P85 9mm

Makarov IJ70-17AS .380

MAC-11 Semi 9mm