National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I constantly wrestle with the caliber issue, but only in relation to one gun. If I had to have a P239 it would be in 9mm, I've found it just seems to suit the gun, ditto the .40 S&W for the Cougar, ditto the .45 for a Glock compact (not that I'd buy one of course :) )

But the USPc has me beat. I've heard that it is too severe in .40 and much more pleasant in .45, I've shot the .357 Sig and found it too have far too much blast to be practical, quite superb as that combination otherwise is, the 9mm is superb and is specifically engineered for +P+ loads. I guess of all of them I would lean towards the .40 S&W, but is it such a handful compared to the 9mm. Any comments appreciated.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
get the 9mm.

some of the +p rounds get similar to the 357 while still having the mag capacity. and plinking ammo is cheap.

and when you get one let me know i have a serpa holster for one. make you a good deal on it

·
Beretta 92 Fanatic
547 Posts
I have a USPc in 9mm - had it for a little over a year. I prev had a fullsize USP, bt it was too large for my hands.

Strange about the USPc - people are prone to shoot low with it until they practice a lot (the fullsize USP didn't do this for me). Anytime I let someone try it, they shoot low. I even benched it when I first got it to see if the sights were off - but they were fine. It took me 800-1000 rounds before I could get over that.

Now I have almost 2500 rounds thru it - very nice gun.

I had it hard chromed :)

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
The USP is one fine handgun.

Sorry you don't like the 357 Sig. I love that round. Big bang, big fireball...love it.

My thinking is if I can't hit the BG, I'll give him a heart attack from the noise and fireball! :lol:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have an H&K USP compact .45 easy to ccw and so smooth the wife can shoot it!!

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Yeh, .45 lacks the 'bite' of the .40

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I don't care for 45s with very short barrels. I would get the 9.

·
Registered
480 Posts
usp

I own a usp compact .40 Great gun very reliable. recoil is not bad fairly accurate. Worth the money. can't go wrong with HK

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
The USP is one fine handgun.

Sorry you don't like the 357 Sig. I love that round. Big bang, big fireball...love it.

My thinking is if I can't hit the BG, I'll give him a heart attack from the noise and fireball! :lol:

I too am fond of the 357 Sig, its a barnburner and will just flat tear up a lot of car parts taking out a bad guy. It a nice long rang cartridge for the woods also, bad guys and medium size critters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts