National Gun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could make ONE gun law what would it be? I guess you can choose to take away one as well.....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just to make the country safer, I would make it a law that convicted felons could not own or possess guns and that guns could not be used for crime,,,,wait a minute, we have those and the criminals still don't listen.....

Hmmm....how about, we could buy guns in any state now that we have NICS. That would be nice...

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
My law would be that the second amendment takes precedence over all state, federal and local laws.

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doesn't it suck Gunny. You cant win for loosing.... If you own a gun store. You are totally screwed!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I would lower the cost of a hunting tag for stupid polaticians. -I

·
Banned
818 Posts
I would take SBSs and SBRs off the NFA list because there's NO reason for them to be on it in the first place.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Gunny the Gun said:
[quote="Doug Wilson":28633]I'm with Lee.

Doug
lee did not post in this thread? -r-[/quote:28633]

My first name is Lee also! I had the mame long before the other Lee had it! :lol: :lol:

G

·
In my country It would be that :If one Member of the Family has an Arms licence all Members over 15 living in the House hold should have to pass a basic firearms safety course,Ive heard it one to many times about accidental death at the hands of Family Members..Besides it would encourage the rest of the family to get there licence to and when the time came they would be versed in Arms Safety!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would make a law that a valid license to carry a concealed weapon in your home state would also be valid in
all other states.

G

·
I would make it mandatory that all non-criminal adults must carry either concealed or open when out in public, and as part of that law, criminals carrying would be summarily executed.

Doug

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Doug Wilson said:
I would make it mandatory that all non-criminal adults must carry either concealed or open when out in public, and as part of that law, criminals carrying would be summarily executed.

Doug
I like the way you think....... ;)

G

·
I like the reciprocal agreements between states but there is an inherent danger. I'm presently getting a non resident Virginia CC, there are firm educational requirements. In GA all you have to do is pass a background check and give the Probate Judge the required fee.
A lifelong friend of wifey stopped by the other day and wanted me to sell her a handgun. She's never fired any kind of firearm. She selected a KelTek .380, a reasonable choice. I told her the deal was contingent on spending at least 4 hours learning basic gun safety, learning how to load/unload, and practice on the range. She said that she didn't have time for "all that."
I later learned that she went to a gun store and purchased a pistol and box of ammo. At this point she is truly a danger to herself and anybody within range.
In GA you do have to pass a state approved course to get a hunting license. Should be the same for a CC. It would improve our image and make a national reciprocal law sensible.

G

·
Actually, all of the good laws were written years ago. For the past century all they have been doing is playing around with bad laws.

There is a very long list of laws I would like repealed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts