National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
This is true, but you're kind of preaching to the choir here, being a gun forum and all.

Reactions: Jordan9MM

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I didn't want to say anything because that's why we have the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America. It goes without saying.

We need to breath air to stay alive.

Reactions: Jordan9MM

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Because all too often, the choir needs to be preached to.
Okay so now what you doing about it or what have you done recently?

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Registered
913 Posts
We've turned into a nation of the Apathetic. Sure, we love to piss, and whine, about how things suck, but with gun ownership topping 150 million people, how many of them turned out to vote ? Half? With our gun rights being threatened with new laws daily, how many of us are willing to pony up the 11 cents, a day, which it takes, to join the GOA, SAF, or NRA ?
Less than six million, total. That's right, LESS THAN 4%, of gun owners.

"If the government can take your guns and gun rights, they can take whatever else they want from you, including your life."
Well said, Gun Nerd.

Now, what are you going to do about it ?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We've turned into a nation of the Apathetic.
I agree, at least many of those who claim to be of the gun rights choir have become apathetic, which is why all too often the choir needs to be preached to.

Sure, we love to piss, and whine, about how things suck, but with gun ownership topping 150 million people,
Last I heard gun owners in the USA numbered around 70 million people, but with all the new gun owners in 2020 I wouldn't be surprised if its bypassed 150 million. If gun ownership has more than doubled in the USA this is indeed great news, if anything good came out of 2020 it would be this.

how many of them turned out to vote ? Half?
I would hope all of them would vote but as you put it, it might only be half, or less. I voted of course but sadly lots of gun owners won't bother to do even that.

With our gun rights being threatened with new laws daily, how many of us are willing to pony up the 11 cents, a day, which it takes, to join the GOA, SAF, or NRA ?
Less than six million, total. That's right, LESS THAN 4%, of gun owners.
I am a member of both the NRA and the GOA however I don't plan on renewing my NRA membership when it expires as I am not too impressed with them. They don't fight for 2A rights to the same extent as I hoped they would. GOA is another story, they are a really good organization and the fight tooth and nail for our 2A rights. SAF Im looking into, perhaps I will join SAF as well.

I do believe you're right about the less than 4% which is very disappointing and one of the reasons the choir needs to be preached to more often then not.

"If the government can take your guns and gun rights, they can take whatever else they want from you, including your life."
Well said, Gun Nerd.

Now, what are you going to do about it ?
As I explained above I vote and I belong to gun rights organizations such as the GOA. I also send letters to lawmakers and I post on forums such as this one hoping to reach out, connect with, and encourage others who are on the same side as me when it comes to gun rights.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Post #9 in no way addresses what you are going to do, about Apathetic America. IF what you say is true, and you've joined GOA, and you take action, you are one of the very few and far between. Don't get me wrong, it's great, that you are here to tell us these things. You may want to elevate your sights a hair or two higher than preaching to the choir, however.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Every now and again you'll see a Libtard politician get an A+ rating from the NRA.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts