National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1- I would be alive
2- The perp would be dead
3- Positive press would be generated for legal gun owners propecting life and property
4- The Loonie Left would be eating crow

Since March 1968 I have been an insurance arson, theft, fraud investigator and have worked with local, state and federal agencies to locate and convict bad guys. I have been a special deputy, non post certified, and have earned the respect of sworn LE's by helping rather than acting like a wannabee cop. My youngest is presently a full time federal LE. I know a lot of what I speak:

A- There is no safe that can't be cracked
B- There is no security system that can't be defeated
C- There is no dog that can't be quietly neutralized
D- There is no structure that can't be broken into

Conclusion: The final line of defense is an adequate firearm in the hands of a person familiar with it's operation and capable of hitting a target with a big enough projectile to send some ba$tard straight to hell.

A fine man, son, father, friend, sports hero died needlessly last night.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Taylor has been fined at least seven times during his professional career for late hits and other infractions. He was also fined $25,000 for skipping a mandatory rookie symposium shortly after he was drafted.

In 2005, Taylor was accused of brandishing a gun at a man during a fight over some all-terrain vehicles that had allegedly been stolen. Last year, he reached a deal in which he pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors and was sentenced to 18 months' probation. The pleas prompted another fine from the NFL but kept his football career intact.
Pat Tillman is a sports hero...I am afraid this guy was more like the new generation of athlete that is still a thug at heart. Regardless, it is a shame.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree that Taylor was a wild child early on but fatherhood seemed to grow him up a bit. I understand- I was a little wild until my kids came along.
Regardless, no excuse for some BG to kill him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I understand, he's had "gun trouble" in the past and was forbid to own a gun so he armed himself with a machete. Classic "taking a knife to a gun fight". I would have had a gun for self protection no matter what the law says. Sad. -I :--- -I :---

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hoss4570 said:
From what I understand, he's had "gun trouble" in the past and was forbid to own a gun so he armed himself with a machete. Classic "taking a knife to a gun fight". I would have had a gun for self protection no matter what the law says. Sad. -I :--- -I :---
I have since learned of his prior gun charge, shame it prevented him from having a gun.
I guess it's a classic example of "do the crime, do the time" which in this case the "time" meant loss of gun ownership. That happens.

Real life story: Treutlin County, GA. Finest sheriff you'd ever find. One night a pimple faced punk tried to elude a marked LE vehicle running code 3, speeds 100+, caused one uninvolved civilian car to crash, one LE cruiser destroyed. Wild child has history of similiar stunts. When he arrived at lockup the sheriff said "son, I'm going to do to you what your daddy shoulda done years ago, what I'd do to my OWN son. He then slapped the $hip out of the spoiled punk. Sheriff charged with violating punk's civil rights. Trial in Federal District Court, Dublin, GA. Found guilty by Looney Left jury. Felony. no prison but loss of badge, loss of job, now can't own a gun, can't vote. Wish to God I'd been on that jury. I woulda hung it till the cows come home. :twisted:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as a HUGE 'Skins fan i am feeling the loss. I of all people know what a checkered past he had but i think what should be remembered is the fact that the last year he had become a totally different person.
femoral artery is a b!tch of a place to be shot its like your blood runs out of a pipe...sorry if that is too graphic but it is essentially what happens...
It will be hard watching the team with out the guy who had turned into a corner stone.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
From what I heard tonight on the news, the gun charges were false, the other guys had the guns and had shot up his vehicles, after stealing atv's and other stuff. Mr. Taylor was found guilty and put on probation of lesser charges.
Everyone grows up, some it takes longer than others, but sounds like he had gotten his act together and was trying to keep it together. A son no longer has father, wife/girlfriend no longer has a partner. Very sad. I do hope they find the bad guys.
If someone were to break into my home and threaten to harm my husband, dogs or myself, I will do anything in my power to stop them.
Unfortunately it is looking as though Mr. Taylor didn't have the opportunity to defend himself, whether he had a gun, knife or anything else. Should be interesting how the rest of the story unfolds.
As has been said before " I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Four arrested, all scum. They said they did'nt go there to kill anybody, just to steal. Now you wait and see, these creeps will try to say it was self defence. How dare Sean Taylor to be in his own home, asleep when they broke in. It It is BOUND to be his fault.:twisted: :twisted: Shoot them in the leg and let them bleed to death. :twisted: :twisted:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts