National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well do you think a gen 5 Glock with a factory thumb safety similar to what S&W does with the M&P do in regards to sales? <br>I feel like the die hard Glock fans would shun it, but I also feel like a lot of folks that are resistant to Glocks because of the no manual safety option might purchase their first Glock or give Glock another try.<br><br>What do you think sales would be like?<br><br>For the record, I have no opinion on manual safeties. I can see why some people like them and why some don't. I have no dog in the fight, as I'm a DA guy. I'm just curious as to what others think would happen sales wise. 

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,915 Posts
It needs a hammer, DA/SA action, new design and different barrel before I would look at it.

Reactions: Russ D

·
Registered
14,947 Posts
I think it would do well and open up a market for them for people that want a manual safety. I'm surprised no one has made a aftermarket one yet....well actually maybe they do but i don't think i've seen one yet.

·
Live Free
3,516 Posts
I don’t know that it would matter to some, like myself, who just have never really liked Glock’s much. I guess if the safety is an issue for some, it might move them a little. But, I really do not think Glock cares too much, and why should they? Regardless what anti Glock folks say, they are selling their guns as fast as they can make them without engineering a safety to appease a few. They have a large and stable market without such a change...

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
i would appreciate such.....if properly executed.

i was semi excited when smith introduced a thumb safety to the mp line........one try and i got unexcited purty quick...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it would do well and open up a market for them for people that want a manual safety. I'm surprised no one has made a aftermarket one yet....well actually maybe they do but i don't think i've seen one yet.
They make an aftermarket trigger safety for Glocks. I know a guy that has one on his Glock 42 that he pocket carries.

There's also this guy in San Antonio that makes custom thumb safeties for the full size Gocks.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
I have no need for a manual safety on a Glock; in fact the only handgun I have with a manual safety is a Kimber 1911. None of other semis (and orf course none of my revolvers)n have such a thing. I prefer to point and click

1 - 8 of 8 Posts