National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who here competes? whats your number and your division

idpa: a28338 and im a master in SSP and expert in ESP, CDP and SSR.

ipsc: A58756 with a b class 71.49% in production and unclassed in the rest.(havent shot enough classifiers)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Evidently. I quit formal competition a decade or more ago.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ehhh, got tired of playing track and field with a pistol (IPSC) and didn't like IDPA's ruling out of any sort of creative solutions to their scenarios.

After a charity falling plate match where I gave an A-class shooter with a space gun a run for "his" money while I was shooting a stock 586 with a Tasco dot sight, I figured I'd rather go out on the top of my game. The only match I've shot since was a Springfield shoot in Florida held in conjunction with an NRA show a few years back. Took 15th or 16th out of I think 160 shooters. TGO won than one, of course! ;)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i do pretty damn good. i dont always win but i did win the state match. and the last 3 gun i won. i dont consider myself anywhere near the top of my game. even tho when i won the state match i was shooting production and still out shot all the limited and open guys.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh, I hope you're not at the top of your game at only 23! Sounds like you're doing great, though.

I just lost interest in the whole thing. I've never been a very competitive person, and I just wasn't motivated to spend every weekend at the range cracking off a thousand rounds a day. I gave some thought to getting back into it when I relocated to AZ, where you can shoot a match every weekend and at least two during the week, but I never could work myself back into that frame of mind. Hazards of aging, I guess. :?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I shoot IDPA at my Club, we're sometimes called the Grandpa & Grandma IDPA club cause we do have quite a few "older" shooters who don't like to run 50 yds each stage or have trouble getting up and down. But we do pretty good and your Match fee cost also includes a pretty good lunch.
I use to be a member of SASS, but got to were putting all that cowboy stuff on in the Texas heat was getting too much, But I did go to Winter Range in Az. 3 times had a great time there and got to see some of my wife's family as well.
IDPA A23342; SSP=MM, CDP=MM
Twincannons
J.D.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welcome to the forum and its great to have a fellow compeditor.

and idpa limits movement to 15 feet between shooting points with a max of 18 rounds.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
I started shooting USPSA & TSA last spring. I have only attended a handfull of events so far, but I do enjoy it. I like the movement & the diffrent kind of shots taken. Beat's the heck out of standing there putting holes in a bullseye target. Although, I like doing that too!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i got tired of wasteing rounds. i actually thought i was pretty good. till i went to a match and came in dead last. now i see a lot of first place finishes and im hoping for a top 10 at the oregon state match.

ive actually got a match saturday. im gonna shoot my new baby.

·
Registered
569 Posts
IDPA #A24962
Have'nt classified yet. XD's are in ESP and I think M&P will be SSP.
I enjoy shotting IDPA but just missed the twice yearly qualifiers.
I have been shooting the XD but I think the next time I shoot I'll try the M&P. I think anyone who "carries" should be profient with their firearm.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont have one Yet, But I just want to say Thanks "Lee" for pointing me in the rite direction,cause as he knows I am planning to get into 3-Gun & IPSC. ;) Cant Wait!! ;)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I shoot USPSA pistol and 3 gun.
B in revolver, C in everything else.

Dave

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I shoot IDPA , but havent got to in a while because I was never off work to go. I need to get back. I would go next week end but I am going to knob creek to the gun show.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Welcom to the forum Cuz. :-B-: :D

I used to shoot IPSC, at my local range. Since I've been working the third shift the last few years, the last thing I feel like doing after work is running around with a gun until noon after I've been working all night. I do want to start back, though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts