National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I could use a little help please, I bought a "grab bag"of 22 rounds for $5 (not sure if this is common because I'm a new gun owner) it was literally a quart size bag half full (400rds+/-) of random 22, and now I'm trying to identify it all. Each is stamped with a letter on the bottom (se pics). The letters are H, P, F (Federal?), U (Winchester, hollow points might be the "golden bullet") round nose, hollow point and some short ones, SUPER with an X through it and C (CCI minimag?) Any help with this would be appreciated.
Second question is I'm concerned about the age of some and if there could be issues?
I'll post a couple more pics later (tapatalk is greedy and crooked, even though I bought the app (the "pro" version years ago they want more money to post more then one pic at a time).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess so far
C - CCI minimag
F - Federal HV Max
Super X - Winchester
MiddleU - Remington "Golden Bullet"

·
Aim true !
11,305 Posts
C and U are shorts. F might a long.

Reactions: phottomatt

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
P...............PMC
U.......union metallic cartridge....otherwise known as remington-umc.....
H.....Herters (house name).......no idea who actually made it.... as it would be "rebranded"

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
I know they’ll all fit in most of my rifles and go bang. Could make for an interesting range trip. One will go “snap” and some will go “crack” but they’ll go bang. I hope it was cheap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know they’ll all fit in most of my rifles and go bang. Could make for an interesting range trip. One will go “snap” and some will go “crack” but they’ll go bang. I hope it was cheap.
$5 for the bag LOL

·
Aim true !
11,305 Posts
5 bucks for some fun trying different rounds. Can't beat that. 😁

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was a little off on the count, 267 rounds total, but still can't beat the price even if half of them don't work LOL.

·
Aim true !
11,305 Posts
I find if a rim fire round don't go off. It will the next time around. Just rotate it. So it's gets a strike at a different spot. I find ''duds'' often on my brass round ups. I shoot them then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts