National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Supreme Court is going to decide next month whether to hear the case about the DC gun ban or to stay the current ruling by the appeals court.

I wonder if we can write the court and express our opinions? Anyone know if they would read that mail or would it be considered trying to influence the court?

I want them to take that case and rule that we as individuals have the right to possess all kinds of firearms.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I don't think they care. They are appointed and as such don't feel that they answer to anyone.

·
Registered
785 Posts
In theory they are supposed to ignore public pressure and just interpret laws as they pertain to the Constitution. In practice, they seem to be competing in a popularity contest by bending to special interests.

Case in point - sobriety check points. As I understand their ruling, they said these check points were in conflict with the 4th amendment, however since drunk driving is such problem, these stops were justified. They were bending to the will of MADD and other anti-drinking organizations.

E

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
The Supreme Court could care less what anyone thinks...the strong majority of this country wants capital punishment, doesn't want affirmative action and yet 5 people on the S.C. (A majority there) think they know more about what we need as a society than we do...especially since they are protected by U.S. Marshals 24/7. Ever since that idiot Earl WWarren was on there, the S.C. has done nothing but ruin America.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts