National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The University of Tennessee was appealing a $300,000 judgement for a disabled student attack victim, arguing they had no duty to protect her--in other words, they won't protect people on their premises and won't allow then to protect themselves.

I never heard how that suit came out. Anybody know?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Here's an article, the appeals judge seemed hostile to the University's position, but I can't tell what the final verdict was.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/oct/25/ut-appeals-attack-decision/

The attacker sounds like a real p.o.s.

Got angry when the kid fought back, hit her in the head with a brick, pushed her down some stairs.

When the kid ran, the p.o.s. chased her and then hit her in the head several times with the brick.

Unbelievable. It was the attack that permanently disabled her, before that she was just another student.

Can you say "target practise."

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the University does not assume the liability to protect the students then they, the students, should be allowed to povide for their own protection. The police have no liability to protect you, that battle has be fought.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I was thinking the same thing.

Since SCOTUS ruled that the police have no duty to protect an individual, then those politically appoointed police chiefs who are against citizens defending themselves are hypocrites of the highest order.

We've got a few ex-LEOs in our Virginia gun rights group, it's rather entertaining to see them take these guys on. I'd almost feel embarrassed for the targets of their ire, except that are deserving of it.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glock27Bill said:
I was thinking the same thing.

Since SCOTUS ruled that the police have no duty to protect an individual, then those politically appoointed police chiefs who are against citizens defending themselves are hypocrites of the highest order.

We've got a few ex-LEOs in our Virginia gun rights group, it's rather entertaining to see them take these guys on. I'd almost feel embarrassed for the targets of their ire, except that are deserving of it.

Yep, its pretty hard to BS the guys that are on the front lines. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts