National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jesus Saves
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If ya snooze, ya lose.

We had a new Shoot Point Blank open up not too far from me and although I do not like their policies too much, I went anyway. I saw a SA XDE 3.8 in and it fit so nice in my hand but I decided to pass it up. After I thought about it a bit more, I decided to go back the next day and, much to my surprise, it was gone. I asked the gent behind the counter if he could order one and he said no. No other explanation, just no. I asked why and he replied they were not ordering because they were a new store. I guess I looked puzzled cuz' he told me to go talk to "that big bald guy" (asst. mgr); so I did. I asked if he could order one and he said no....again no explanation so I had to again ask "why". He said in a somewhat condescending voice, "cuz' the manufacturers are not shipping new guns".

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,160 Posts
Then now did they get the one they sold???

From the sounds of it, you would be better off finding a new shooting range/gun store.

Reactions: Ziggidy

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Right now like everything else guns are hard to get and most anything popular is impossible to get. My LGS has half of the rack empty right now and they have literally been fixing old guns that have been in the back for years just to fill some spots. For handguns the only thing they had in abundance were glocks and Ruger revolvers. Not sure if it was because they had a bunch in the back before all this started, they aren't selling good or they are the only things available. I didn't ask but i suspect they had a decent stock of them prior. For pistol ammo the only stuff they have is the very expensive self defense stuff mostly in large or odd calibers. Small stuff like 25, 32 etc. For rifle if it isnt something oddball or a large magnum they don;t have any. Not a single 30-06 round in the whole place for sale. It seems it has only been getting worse. If you see something you want or need buy it.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
My LGS just got in a couple of Sig’s that my Son interested in. He can’t get there or a few days because he’s moving and it’s just crazy so I think he’s going to miss out.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Alright 2 day cool down period. Some people take it the wrong way.

It really should not have been a surprise that a gun you saw yesterday is gone today. In todays climate if you want something get it after you decide if the price is right. If you want to think about it think about the guy behind you that already made his mind up. Then there's the guy behind him.

Worse with ammo you may want, but maybe not bad enough. Do I really want to pay twice what it was a year ago? Hmmmm, decisions, decisions. "Excuse me sir" "oh ok sorry bout that" Ammo gone. I guess if you need it bad enough and it does become available you'll be paying three times as much.

People complain about 'price gouging' on ammo and vowing never to patronize gougers again. There are threads on forums about it. I don't have that big a problem with people setting a price on items they want to sell. As a potential purchaser me, myself, and I decide if he gets my money.

Again in todays covid climate some of the rules have changed. When things get back to normal or the new normal you can then decide if you are going to hold something somebody did in the past.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Yeah, XDEs are hard to come by. The hammer fired line was long awaited. My local shop has only had 4 since launch. I have 2 of them. My brother-in-law has one. The only one that lasted in the case was the .45, only because it was $500. I had to pinch some pennies together to grab it before it was gone.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Don’t feel bad, I missed the boat on a Springfield stainless milspec 1911 that I’ve been waiting to come available. Thought I get paid in 2 days... went to go get it last night and it was gone... guess I’ll wait another 3 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts