National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... and I could only handle 3 rounds!!!! What a kick, but I'm glad I did it for the bragging rights............... not gonna touch the .460 though. After my hubby shot off a .460 round, he walked off the range with a glazed look on his face and said: "Whoa - that was cool!" I just about fell on the floor laughing. His face was priceless!!!

G

·
i have never shot the 460 but i did have a Ruger SRH in 454 and one in 480 , the 454 is nasty but the 480 is more of a hard push , so if you ever get the chance at a 480, do so its much easier on the hand / wrist

G

·
SheNine said:
.... and I could only handle 3 rounds!!!! What a kick, but I'm glad I did it for the bragging rights............... not gonna touch the .460 though. After my hubby shot off a .460 round, he walked off the range with a glazed look on his face and said: "Whoa - that was cool!" I just about fell on the floor laughing. His face was priceless!!!

Are U sure U dont have any Sisters? ;)

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
red-rider said:
No wonder your getting a flinch She9.
You know, I think you may be right! I've been scaring myself silly with all these powerful rounds, but you know the challenge is there and I just have to do it.....

I think I'm going to get back to basics and that should cure the problem.... hopefully....... :)

G

·

We've got some nice 'roundhouse' .50 reloads that (coming out a 4" S&W) will
make you drop all your loose fillings on the spot - first shot!
:shock:

G

·
I was trying to think of a 454 Casull rifle that we have - actually my 22 year old's - and I just looked it up in our inventory - it's a Rossi Puma M1892 .454 Casull & .45 Long Colt! We shoot mostly the 'Long Colts' outta it! if you ever get the chance, try a .454 long gun - it's nicer to shoot than you'd think!
:cool:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
zipperzap said:
I was trying to think of a 454 Casull rifle that we have - actually my 22 year old's - and I just looked it up in our inventory - it's a Rossi Puma M1892 .454 Casull & .45 Long Colt! We shoot mostly the 'Long Colts' outta it! if you ever get the chance, try a .454 long gun - it's nicer to shoot than you'd think!
:cool:
Yeah, I was talking about that rifle on another thread. My buddy got one a few yrs ago and we have abused the hell out of it, testing reloads and generally doing stuff you shouldn't be doing to a good rifle. That Puma has thrived! No major problems, but the fore end stock did split one time when he let loose a particularly potent 370 gr. Cast Performance load.

G

·

Here's ours - no forestock problems here! If it were
mine, it's be a pretty wooden stock but the kid likes
the synthetic stuff. :?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ahh, the first time I fired my Taurus Raging Bull in .454 casull. Wish I would have had a camera on my face. :shock:

G

·
A handful of months ago, my shooting friends and I were at the home of a friend who had passed a few days before, and he was a gun nut that surpassed even the best of our crew. His death was a long time coming, and we felt relief rather than sadness for the most part.

We shot all day long to send him off. That what he wanted, and that's what most of us want as well.

Now, let's be done with the depressing part...

A friend of mine named Felix had a Ruger .454 on him loaned to him by one of his own friends, and he gave me six rounds and told me to let r' rip. The recoil was not nearly as terrible as I might have expected, but I tell you, that thing did sting the old left hand a bit. I fell in love. I have a liking for big revolvers, and I have been summoning up the courage to go get one, since my favorite gun store here in the Duke City usually has the same model for about $700. I think it would be a good purchase, especially if a Triceratops is busting down my door.

Hey dear...I feel ya...and I got some bragging rights of my own. Why? Because a lot of people looked ridiculous shooting that thing that day, while I'm fairly certain I handled it well.

So...I get it completely.

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
Speaking of the .460... a buddy of mine has BOTH the 460 and the 500. Now I started shooting my dads 44mag with no porting when I was 12 years old so It didnt seem that bad and he let me put twenty rounds through each of them. But after that some people at the range called me crazy and kind of just walked away, but I cant help myself I LOVE the BIG ASS revolvers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts