National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 22. from my great grandfather it's a Stevens model 87c. Someone was messing around with it and messed up a spring it's number 55. (Don't really know what it is) I need to know so I can order a new one to fix it.

Attachments

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,271 Posts
I believe it is the hammer spring.

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
I can't open your picture and Numrich does not have a schematic for the 87c but they do for other models. Schematic number on another similar 87 model shows the hammer spring as #56 and the hammer as #55. here are the listings for the hammer assembly and below it the hammer spring. if the spring you need goes here in this assembly then yes it's the hammer spring. Numrich also sells the spring separate too and show it in stock at $5.25. Hope this helps.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/106460F

·
Registered
13,205 Posts

·
Aim true !
10,273 Posts
Congrats on the 87C. I have one and love it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hammer spring. How is it screwed up? Do you have the "breech bolt spring washer" (#42) and "hammer spring washer" (# 43)? Those are the numbers from your
catalog page. The online numrich reference numbers are different. A few youtube vids on the 87, and a pile for the springfield 6A (same bolt) if you want to see how
it all goes together.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BillM

I think that someone tried to add another spring into the hammer spring or the breach bolt spring and the hammer spring just like expanded a lot I don't really know what happened all I know is that the hammer spring or breach bolt spring got really big to where The action wouldn't go all the way back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts