National Gun Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a gun that is, in a way, a pistol but not really. You see I am 18, and I just need a gun to protect myself at my new job. Are there any recommendations you have for a starting out employee at a Valero gas station in Virginia?

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,262 Posts
Check your state laws. If you are able to carry mace then do so.
As Mike has said. you cant own a handgun at 18.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
20,899 Posts
If you feel your well-being would be endanger at your job, it is time to find a new job. No job is worth your life and limb.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I doubt your employer would allow a handgun at work.
Somewhere there is a bridge involved in this question.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Never work at a job where you are not able to protect yourself. Thugs will shoot you even if you don't resist.

·
Premium Member
5,033 Posts
If you guys could help me. I want to buy a fully automatic Mark 19 grenade launcher and 20-40 grenades for the 4th of July. I have about $50 saved and I’m not sure where to look for one. I tried Dicks but was told they don’t stock them. If one of you guys could take pity on my and sell me one out of the back of a van, that would be cool. Please don’t tell my mother because I’m only 14.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
There are some states that allow you to buy a handgun via private sale at the age of 18. There are NO states that i know of that allow you to carry a gun under the age of 21. I could be wrong so your best bet is to check out....
https://www.handgunlaw.us/

·
Registered
870 Posts
There are some states that allow you to buy a handgun via private sale at the age of 18. There are NO states that i know of that allow you to carry a gun under the age of 21. I could be wrong so your best bet is to check out....
https://www.handgunlaw.us/
For every rule there is probably an exception?

How old do you have to be to get your concealed carry permit in Utah?
18 years old
Utah Department of Public Safety
An applicant for a Utah Provisional concealed firearm permit must be at least 18 years old and no older than 20 years old. An applicant for a Utah Provisional concealed firearm permit must take the concealed firearm permit course from one of the BCI certified instructors.

·
Registered
416 Posts
There are only 2 other possibilities I can think of. Depending on the laws in his state, they could get them a very long prison sentence.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
AZHerper
3,503 Posts
For every rule there is probably an exception?

How old do you have to be to get your concealed carry permit in Utah?
18 years old
Utah Department of Public Safety
An applicant for a Utah Provisional concealed firearm permit must be at least 18 years old and no older than 20 years old. An applicant for a Utah Provisional concealed firearm permit must take the concealed firearm permit course from one of the BCI certified instructors.
I don't know where you're getting your info but it's bogus. You must be 21 to get a CCW in Utah! This guy should not listen to you. As with much info on the net...you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I don't know where you're getting your info but it's bogus. You must be 21 to get a CCW in Utah! This guy should not listen to you. As with much info on the net...you get what you pay for.
Straight cut and paste from the Utah dept of Public Safety. Here is the link. Go. Read. Learn.

https://bci.utah.gov/information-about-the-provisional-concealed-firearm-permit/

ETA--the "provisional" part is that you can't carry in a primary or secondary school. Other than
that it's the same permit as the one you get at 21.

·
AZHerper
3,503 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.