National Gun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need to go to the lever gun sites and pull some fans over here so we can have some conversations about the rifles that helped tame the West! Too many plastic gun fans here to appreciate the finer things available to gun owners! :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
You might be right. And I'm guilty of not spending much time in this area, despite loving the traditional rifles and owning a few of them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a BIG TIME 'Lever Guy' - I love them. Except for a M94 30.30 Winchester, I have nothing but Marlin lever actioned rifles - Opps, I forgot an M92 Rossi, in 454 Casull/.45 Colt - The other Marlins are in .357, 44 Mag. and .45-70 (3). I'd probably have more, but I haven't gotten around to it yet! I like Marlin over Winchester, because of the side ejection (instead of Winchester's top ejection system). My all time favorite for 'hold your hat to your head and let fly' are the stainless Guides.

Here are most - my sons have 'borrowed' a few! :lol:

I'm also thinking of buying the Alaskan (Take Down) .50 Mag.

.... that one is constantly calling me to write the check! :shock:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
That Alaskan is one sweet looking rifle. That would be a hoot to have in bear country.

But then your 454 would be nice insurance to have also.

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Proud owner of Marlin 30.30 and will be getting another one here soon. Speaking of guns that tamed the west...also have a Stoeger coach gun that I love to pieces.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
zipperzap said:
I like Marlin over Winchester, because of the side ejection (instead of Winchester's top ejection system).
Yup.

When I used to hunt, my older brother would try to get me to swap my 336c for his 94 because he didn't like getting hit in the face with ejected shells.

And then there's the whole scope thing.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Somewhere around here I have listed the 14 lever action rifles I own. I tend to favor Savages and Marlins.

·
Registered
213 Posts
love my marlin 336 in .35 remington great deer/hog rifle and fun to shoot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bought my gal a Winchester mod.94 in .30-30 for Valentine's Day just last month.

Now that's love.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
longcolt said:
We need to go to the lever gun sites and pull some fans over here so we can have some conversations about the rifles that helped tame the West! Too many plastic gun fans here to appreciate the finer things available to gun owners! :lol: :lol:

I have a late 70's make Winchester model 94' and I love it.. The feel of the piece, solid and well balanced, is awesome. The 30/30 is a fantastic round.. It's a piece of history I'm glad to own and maintain. It's the perfect partner to my Ruger Blackhawk!

This not my own, but it's damn close!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I too am a Lever action fan though I only own one, and it's a Marlin 375 big Bore I bought the year they came out I think in 82 or 83.
Best Deer rifle I own !!!!
I hope to buy a Browning BLR in .358 win in the futher...A.H

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
zipperzap said:

that is kick ass!!!!!

is that an sbr?? bbl looks kinda short.

ive got a marlin 336, id love to pick up another to make it into a takedown, but im waiting to find a cheap one.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
deth502 said:
zipperzap said:

that is kick ass!!!!!

is that an sbr?? bbl looks kinda short.

ive got a marlin 336, id love to pick up another to make it into a takedown, but im waiting to find a cheap one.
Kick ass is right.

Check them out here, especially the ballistics and penetrating power.
http://www.wildwestguns.com/CoPilot_And_Guide_Rifles/copilot_and_guide_rifles.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm a huge fan of the leveractions. I've got a 1895XLR 45-70 that I love to death. Throw my Burris FF2 3-9x40 on there and it's one awesome working machine :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts