National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out and about and found a small shop 60 miles from the house the other day. Walked in and asked what they had that wasn’t working or needed repair. Came home with these beauties: A Rock Island 1911A1 .45 that the hammer won’t stay back (prolly needs a new sear, I’ll be tearing it apart later today) and an Ethan Allen Pocket percussion pistol, circa 1836. Both for 325.00 out the door 😁😁😁
Brown Wood Revolver Tints and shades Rectangle

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If the RIA needs a new sear, Call RIA.They will take care of it. Their CS is outstanding. And congrats on the purchases.
Ehhhh. Lol, I do my own work, just need the offending part. Fixed up, the rock island will sell for 400-500, maybe more if I do my magic on it. The Pocket Pistol retails at auction for 400-650.

I don’t know lol, I justified the purchase to the wife that I could fix and sell. But a John Wick style set up with a matched pair of beautiful 1911’s has a certain appeal….. wife may make me sleep in the couch for a few days.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
We have only a couple of pawn here in the area.… I should take a peek once in a while

Reactions: tpd1749

·
Registered
17,331 Posts
Love that Ethan Allen, does it work?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I love "hole in the wall" businesses in general. Some of my fondest memories can be traced back to gas stations.

• Wow
Reactions: Ziggidy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ehhhh. Lol, I do my own work, just need the offending part. Fixed up, the rock island will sell for 400-500, maybe more if I do my magic on it. The Pocket Pistol retails at auction for 400-650.

I don’t know lol, I justified the purchase to the wife that I could fix and sell. But a John Wick style set up with a matched pair of beautiful 1911’s has a certain appeal….. wife may make me sleep in the couch for a few days.
Not to be a damper on the subject, but the RIA .45's go for about $399 brand new. I just saw an ad for them today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was out and about and found a small shop 60 miles from the house the other day. Walked in and asked what they had that wasn’t working or needed repair. Came home with these beauties: A Rock Island 1911A1 .45 that the hammer won’t stay back (prolly needs a new sear, I’ll be tearing it apart later today) and an Ethan Allen Pocket percussion pistol, circa 1836. Both for 325.00 out the door 😁😁😁 View attachment 144769
looks powerful !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts