National Gun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
I am the product of a sperm cell that won a gun fight.

G

·
Never liked them as a kid. I grew up in Miami in the 1970s when crime was rampant, and bought into the notion that guns = more crime.

After graduating from college, I had a friend invite me to play bird dog for him while he went duck hunting. He let me shoot the shotgun once just to experience the recoil. The next week there was a gun show, and I owned my first (of many) um, owner's manuals.

G

·
Since I got my Red Ryder at 7 years old. My dad was not a hunter, my great uncle taught me to shoot at 10 with a 20 gua double.
My granny couldn't stand bird shot in her squirrel meat so she bought me a .22 at 12. I got good enough to do head shots.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
whompuss said:
Since I got my Red Ryder at 7 years old......
"You'll shoot your eye out! You'll shoot your eye out!" Damn, I love that movie............. ;) :D

Never remember a time without guns in the house. Always loved them!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
My interest came from watching all the cowboy and Indian movies that were the rage back in the 1950's and before. Colt six shooters and Winchester lever rifles were all over the big screen. :)

G

·
Baldy said:
Ever since I can remember. :i:
Me too. I wanted a pistol when I was little, dad said no. When I turned 18 I bought my first one and now have many. I wanted a lever action Winchester, Dad said no and bought me a pump. Now I have many. Don't remember a time when I did'nt own a gun. Dad bought me a single shot .22 when I was five, and a single shot 4.10 shotgun when I was six, a double barrel .12 ga when I was 12 and a pump 30.30 when I was 14. Still got e,m all. -I :--- -I :---

G

·
sig232 said:
My interest came from watching all the cowboy and Indian movies that were the rage back in the 1950's and before. Colt six shooters and Winchester lever rifles were all over the big screen. :)
Yep. Me too. I own lots of Colts and Winchesters now. -I :--- -I :---

·
Right Wing Zealot
1,228 Posts
Must have been born to carry...every pictire of me as a little kid has me wearing a six shooter in a western holster and a plastic lever action rifle....even when I was at the swimming pool, the river or sitting in a combine with my grandfather.

G

·
Probably fell in love with guns when I got my first Mattel "Fanner 50" toy pistol sometime in the early 60's. That was a really neat little pistol. :i:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
owtlaw said:
I am the product of a sperm cell that won a gun fight.
LMAO!!! ...yup, that about sez it for me, too!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I started liking them when I was 65. I needed a HD gun as well as a hobby, so 1 gun led to 18. I don't remember how. :shock: :--- -I :i: :-B-:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts