National Gun Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
8,202 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,194 Posts
That looks like a good recipe. I'll give it a shot.

--Wag--

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Mama mia I buy my meatballs from COSTCO.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Oh my God! Those meatballs from Costco are horrible. I know that she never uses bread crumbs, only fresh white bread. Only ground beef and there’s parmigiana cheese and garlic, oregano, salt and I’m not sure if there’s anything else. My mother always said it’s so much of a feel thing. It’s a raw texture. I can promise you this, these will ruin you for any other meatballs. I agree with the San Marzano tomatoes. Not all San Marzano tomatoes are really from San Marzano. You have to read the label but they are the best.

·
Registered
Pistoleer
37 Posts
Here is my arsenal... LOL
Damn dude. I bet when you get all that cookout arsenal mobilized you are ready to feed an army. I bet all your family and friends want to know when you will have your next cookout.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
3DA2EFCA-0C97-4E58-AC48-117C6CD42F94.jpeg

the smoker with the wings after 30 minutes but there’s at least an hour to go. Decided not to do the ribs tonite.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
How many folks you feeding?

My scallops came out perfect and the sriracha/mayo/cilantro-lime sauce put it over the top......

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I wanted to make extra so that I could freeze some and heat them in the air fryer. They came out ok. I forgot to get blue cheese dressing to dip them in but I made due with some ranch. I was making blood orange frozen margaritas for my wife and her friend and they were getting very gabby. I was getting tired but our friends weren’t leaving. Ugh, they stayed till 12:30. I had plans damit!

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I didn't want to tell stamps I had spaghetti last night and threw some yumi COSTCO meatballs on top. He's a meatball snob but having mom's recipe I can understand.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I’m eating a meatball part sammich as I type. Unbelievable! My wife makes the very best. I think she could sell these.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,164 Posts
I’m eating a meatball part sammich as I type. Unbelievable! My wife makes the very best. I think she could sell these.
I’ll be over tomorrow for left overs 😂

·
Registered
18 Posts
M
Meatballs were my most tedious endevor when I owned and operated a Tavern for 14 years.
Being mostly Italian ,helped out a lot . Occasionally I still make them , and it is more of a pleasure nowadays.

I make a terrific beef and hot sausage Chili ... Perfected during the many years of being the secondary & prep cook.

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
M

Meatballs were my most tedious endevor when I owned and operated a Tavern for 14 years.
Being mostly Italian ,helped out a lot . Occasionally I still make them , and it is more of a pleasure nowadays.

I make a terrific beef and hot sausage Chili ... Perfected during the many years of being the secondary & prep cook.
I grow hot peppers to use in food; my wife likes warm to hot, but my Ghost and reaper peppers she draws the line at, although they do make for a great jerk chicken grilled on the BBQ

Reactions: SCARPETTA

·
Registered
357 Posts
Pick up some boneless skinless chicken thighs, seasoned with adobo, salt, fresh ground pepper, pinch of cilantro, and a sprinkling of maple sugar, then cooked them over charcoal. Threw a chunk of Applewood over the coals for some extra smokiness. Came out really good, have some leftovers too.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have my own meatball recipe, it's fairly unrefined, won't win any awards, but it's mine.

Reactions: SCARPETTA

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have my own meatball recipe, it's fairly unrefined, won't win any awards, but it's mine.
Arth... I found out what the cooks in the old country knew all along.
The freshest ingredients should be assembled to make the most palatable cuisine.
If you are using what ever you have on hand. If you are using the older produce in the fridge and getting rid of 3 months old frozen meat , don't cook a lot of it. &
☆Drink a lot of wine before you serve it .

61 - 78 of 78 Posts