National Gun Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
My cooking "secrets": Bob Evans mashed potatoes and Heinz gravy in a jar. I also prefer frozen peas over fresh. For a German touch with beef (like bottom round), serve red cabbage in a jar, and pour half of the juice into the Heinz beef gravy. Serve with wide noodles.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Since the rain was pouring last night, those filets got cooked in the oven and finished on the gas stove top in my french carbon steel pan . I LOVE the reverse sear method as you get a perfect medium rare all the way through the 2" thick steak

Reactions: Stamps6

·
Registered
357 Posts
Never had issue with London broil being too tough, personally, maybe I'm just lucky. This one came from a local farm, they manage their cows well so the meat quality is good.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I use London broil for making beef jerky. Very little fat and let the strips marinade for 24 hrs. For 6 pounds, it’s usually 4 hrs in the dehydrater.works great. Out my way, the big meat is tritip but it maybe a west coast thing.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ribeye is my first pick, tbh, but the wife doesn't like fatty cuts, and ribeye can be expensive. I once cut a chuck roast into steaks, and believe it or not, those were some of the best steaks I've had. Tender and flavorful like a ribeye, but less fatty for the Mrs.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Tonight I made a pseudo-pizza flatbread thing. Didn't have any sauce, just a 50/50 blend of smoked and regular scamorza with a sprinkling of my own spice blend. Came out pretty darn good, if I say so myself.

20200723_201730.jpg

Reactions: Stamps6

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Here in Texas where cattle are king.
My specialty is brisket. Slow smoked with post oak for about 12-15 hours.
Don't use a timer, usually after about a half bottle of whiskey is consumed it is ready.
My favorite cut of meat the brisket, yummy I love the Whiskey too...

Reactions: KILTED COWBOY

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
I use London broil for making beef jerky. Very little fat and let the strips marinade for 24 hrs. For 6 pounds, it’s usually 4 hrs in the dehydrater.works great. Out my way, the big meat is tritip but it maybe a west coast thing.
Man, that is one thing I miss the most about Nevada - getting a huge tritip from Costco; letting it marinade in Italian dressing and then slow cooking it over charcoal; great cut of beef.

Reactions: Wag

·
Registered
357 Posts
My latest cooked meal was a real treat: store brand pizza rolls, lol. Joking aside, it's been a busy week, so not much cooking here. Hoping to do kielbasa and pierogies tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I did a small steak and baked potato last nite. Too hot to do any real cooking.

·
Super Moderator
11,194 Posts
Starting a beef stew in a bit. Will be tomorrow's dinner.

--Wag--

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I save the beef stew cooking for winter months. I don’t even feel like pasta this time of year.
I think I’ll start up the smoker again this weekend. Ribs? Chicken? I’ll see what available at the market.

·
Super Moderator
11,194 Posts
Never did get it started the other night because I simply dozed off. It's in there cooking up right now, though!

Also, I didn't have as much stew beef as I thought so I cut up a ribeye and tossed it all in there. This is gonna be good, brothas!

--Wag--

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Tomorrow for me it will be bacon-wrapped scallops - on the grill with a sriacha-mayo sauce.....

Reactions: Wag and Stamps6

·
Registered
357 Posts
Never been a fan of sriracha. Planning on doing some stuffed pablano peppers this weekend, assuming the other tenants don't hog the grill again.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
My wife is requesting smoked chicken wings again.
She also promised my father that she would make meatballs. My mother taught my wife to make her meatballs and she does a great job. Ever since my mom passed, my wife has been the meatball making expert in the family. We have my grand daughters christening next weekend and my wife wants to make a cross out of cupcakes. She’s never done this before so she wants to make a tester batch. Cupcakes for me!!! It’s going to be a foodie weekend, lol.

·
Super Moderator
11,194 Posts
Dang, I'd love to know how to make good meatballs.

--Wag--

41 - 60 of 78 Posts