National Gun Forum banner

I just wanted to say hi...

2K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  Rivervalley0311 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I just joined this forum because I was getting e-mails from the forum, and I saw a number of comments that I wanted to respond to, but couldn't, since I wasn't a member. After a few months of this, I decided to join. I've already made a few comments in two different threads, before I decided to see if there was a thread where a person could introduce themselves. I should have come to this thread first, but it didn't occur to me till after I commented in those other threads.

First, the name I'm using, Ham-er, I'm using because I'm a ham radio operator. I've been a ham radio operator for 54 years, so I am an old timer. I am by no means an expert on guns, but I am learning a lot about them from classes that I have taken, and a good friend who is teaching me about them. I have a number of guns....a Beretta .40 cal, Border Marshal 96 Brigadier, a 9mm Beretta Nano, a 9mm SigSauer P938, A Lady Beretta .25 cal semi auto that I bought for my daughter, but she didn't want it so I kept it, a .45 cal Henry Golden Boy original long rifle, a .45 cal Henry Golden Boy carbine rifle, and a Springfield Armory .308 cal. M1A, in the loaded version.

I am not a hunter, I just enjoy going to the range and killing targets. I always go to the range with my friend, and she is always anxious to shoot the Henry Rifles, since she doesn't own a lever action rifle. I prefer to shoot the M1A, mainly because I like shooting in the 200 yard shooting range, and I usually do pretty well, considering that my hands shake, due to old age. I do have a conceal carry permit, but I don't carry, since I am too fat, and the conceal carry holsters dig into my side, and I've tried a number of different ones.

Anyway, I know that I can get long winded, so I'll stop here and say that this forum looks really interesting, and I hope to meet a lot of good people here! Happy New Year to everyone!

See less See more
#5 ·
Greetings And Welcome To The Forum

Howdy, Ham-er on a gun forum takes on a whole new meaning.

#12 ·
Thanks for all of the welcomes! Yes, my name ham-er does take on a new meaning in a gun forum. I usually use Hammer as my name, but that caused confusion in other forums, where people related Hammer to the tool, so I decided to just use ham-er here to avoid that same confusion.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcomes, and I have a lot of threads to catch up on here.

#13 ·
Welcome from Arizona! We're probably from the same generation. I was a Field Engineer for RCA Service Company on the BMEWS radar site in Alaska and I got my conditional general class license there. I was KL7EDD portable 7. The license was very handy because land line phone calls were prohibitively expensive so I used my friend's Collins "S-Line" SSB radio with a Gonset 1 KW linear amp and a Mosely tri-band beam on a 40-foot tower to run phone patches to the lower states. Very effective and "free is nice"! Anyway, you know what I'm talking about but nowadays very few people would understand. I'm sure that you'll like this forum. A great bunch of regulars with an amazingly diverse array of knowledge and talents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.