National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edie Brickell & New Bohemians Keyboard Player Shot to Death by Girlfriend's Neighbor After Domestic Spat: Monday, September 03, 2007

DALLAS — Jeffrey Carter Albrecht, a keyboard player for the band Edie Brickell & New Bohemians, was shot to death early Monday while trying to kick in the door of his girlfriend's neighbor, police said.

The neighbor, who was not immediately identified, was asleep in bed when he woke up around 4 a.m. to his wife screaming that someone was breaking into the house, according to a police report. The neighbor yelled through the door for Albrecht to leave and then fired his handgun through the door.

Uh oh, I see trouble up ahead ... Am I the only person that sees a world of hurt coming for the guy that shot him through the door? :eek:

Realistically, what would have been the best way to handle this? Wait until he breaks through the door and then loose hell on him, or is a single shot through the door an acceptable approach?

I don't think the latter is likely to be popular ... either at the inquest or trial.
:cool:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295626,00.html

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
It may be OK in TX but in Oregon they will smack your knuckles with a ruler and hand you over to the priest for punishment!

·
Registered
957 Posts
I bet the dude was drunk and kicking in on the wrong door....er, didnt realize he was at the wrong house, I mean.

I also bet the homeowner gets in some kind of trouble. Someone kickin' your front door isnt the same thing as being in your home and a life and death threat. The dude should have got on the phone with the police and waited till that door came open before shooting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in canada it would not matter whether the unlawful enterer was drunk,sober,stoned or just trying to sell amway, the shooter will not be able to prove self defense, even if the this breaker down the door was armed. he would be charged and stand trial for second degree murder and if i had to bet the ranch, he would be having christmas dinner away from home for a while. the best way to handle it up here,legally that is, would be to let him break down the door, enter, fire a few shots and hope like hell he misses, then in zips words loose hell on him !! you will still be charged and stand trial, but you would have a stronger defense. pblsyd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
id let him keep kicking. door comes open he gets the butt of my rifle square in the teeth. while hes down scooping up his fillings id kick him square in the teeth again. and at that point if hes still consious then i kick him in the head again. once hes unconsious. cuff him.

of course that all changes if i see a gun or a knife :---

1 - 8 of 8 Posts