National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The John Wayne Commemorative Rife is mfg by Miroku in Japan!!

The "Duke" would not be happy about that I can assure you!

Granted the quality is probably excellent, but it kind of goes against the grain that Winchester, Browning decided to build this in Japan. A bit of a slap in the face to the craftsmen of America in my opinion. The price is almost 2K so its not like they could not have paid the American labor rates.

Its a sad day for our country!

Does it bother you or am I just being old fashioned??

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I'm with you Sig, but in order for the John Wayne Commemorative to be made in the USA, it would have to be made by … WHOM?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gunrnr said:
I'm with you Sig, but in order for the John Wayne Commemorative to be made in the USA, it would have to be made by … WHOM?

Marlin would be happy to produce that firearm! ;)

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I was thinking that while writing my reply....Ruger would, too. But Big John didn't carry a Marlin or a Ruger!

G

·
Japan, Brazil, China- ain't nothing sacred anymore.
I bought a Ruger "Last Cowboy" .32 mag just because Ruger still makes a fine single action wheel gun. Except for Walthers and the like I'm sticking to American made for collectables. The only thing I'd buy from Japan is a Toyota.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
The vast majority of quality rifle scopes are made in Japan.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Miroku makes the Browning Citori line, as well as Weatherby Mark V DeLuxe's some time back. That puts them in some pretty classy company. "American Made" is all but a thing of the past. Honda's are made in Marysville Ohio, while Fords are "assembled" in Mexico. Chances are 100% if you buy a new Toyota Tundra, it was put together by a guy who wears a cowboy hat, and resides in San Antonio, Texas. Bill T.

G

·
Henry rifles are made in New York. They use NO imported parts! Not one spring or pin or anything else! All 100% American-made steel, too! You all need to check out their website. They make beautiful rifles that anyone with a good job can afford. I have a Golden Boy, and will be purchasing a Big Boy in .44 mag. in the near future. I strongly encourage every gun lover that reads this to Google up Henry rifles. A true American survivor. When you hold one of their rifles and operate the action you will not believe how smooth they are. It feels like the lever isn't connected to anything!

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I didn't know that about Henry, Neanderthal. Good info. I've always liked their product even though I've never owned one. I have shot a couple of them and handled a few others. Smoooth!

If the Italians can make replica Winchesters (and Colts, and everything else), why couldn't Henry, Marlin or Ruger? I wonder whether they could see a decent return on their investment.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gunrnr said:
I didn't know that about Henry, Neanderthal. Good info. I've always liked their product even though I've never owned one. I have shot a couple of them and handled a few others. Smoooth!

If the Italians can make replica Winchesters (and Colts, and everything else), why couldn't Henry, Marlin or Ruger? I wonder whether they could see a decent return on their investment.
It just seems to me that with the value of the dollar falling so far and the labor rates dropping in the US that we could produce those rifles in one of the depressed regions of the US! Lets put our own folks back to work and relax all the work rules and EPA restrictions that are driving mfg out of the US and into the arms of the Chinese, Mexicans, and other countries with zero restrictions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts