National Gun Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest Starbucks encounter with LEO's
I would say that I would never go to a Starbucks, but I already have never set foot in one.
Employee is being "suspended".
If it was an LGBTQ customer he would be fired on the spot.
Happens too many times and the company does nothing but apologize.
How about shut down for a day and train your snowflakes how to respect cops?
They did it with the black homeless guys, remember.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/oklahoma-starbucks-police-officer-pig-cup

·
Registered
7,947 Posts

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I went to a starbucks once years ago. I hated the lingo, the coffee was expensive and it pretty much sucked. I'll stick to dunkin donuts and our local NY Stewarts chain coffee. More often than not i just make it here and take it with me anyway, so much cheaper.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Just like you can't judge all cops by the actions of a few you can't judge all far leftist Starbucks by the actions of a few snowflake Baristas.

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts
I don't care for Starbucks' coffee but any time I was in uniform/on duty, they never charged me if I had to stop in early in the morning because they were the only ones in town who were open.

--Wag--

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
I went to a starbucks once years ago. I hated the lingo, the coffee was expensive and it pretty much sucked. I'll stick to dunkin donuts and our local NY Stewarts chain coffee. More often than not i just make it here and take it with me anyway, so much cheaper.
It is very hard to beat Dunkin Donuts coffee. The closest I have found in Folgers Columbian medium dark. The greatest saving grace is the fact it does not have a wad of crap in it that never even saw a coffee bean.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Wonder what might happen if the police publicly announce none will ever enter a Starbucks again? Think a few enterprising "yutes" might want to take advantage of such a decision?

Reactions: Northtidesix

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
Nope the whine would go into high gear. Bear in mind their are Chiefs of Police out there that don't know a Supreme Court ruling from a traffic ticket.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
i try to reserve my anger for corporate where policy is made or enforced.......not the minions employed at minimum wage and are disposable in the grand scheme of things.........i am not familiar with any of those kids making starbucks a career....

the employee was terminated....problem solved.....till the next problem arises....

the biggest problem with this story is the delivery and agenda of the story itself.......the "right" plays it, the "left" has recently countered with this story
https://www.yahoo.com/now/daughter-of-police-chief-in-starbucks-cup-scandal-denounces-him-he-is-absolutely-a-pig-224843180.html

and sides are taken, fingers are pointed.....and i am just tired tonight.......

the wife loves Starbucks........she like that double latte pumpkin whatever it is foo-foo coffee...........dang expensive and it is considered a "treat" for her when on a blue moon we stop at one..

·
Registered
18,432 Posts
I've had a couple of "incidents" with Starbucks employees and realized they were not acting in accordance with company policy. I'd rate 99% of Starbucks emplyees as OK and fairly decent people. Mooks exist everywhere.

·
Jesus Saves
7,795 Posts
Just like you can't judge all cops by the actions of a few you can't judge all far leftist Starbucks by the actions of a few snowflake Baristas.
True, however, the management sets the tone...the example. This is done by terminating the employee, not "suspending". In addition, Starbucks said they would look for "educational opportunities" that would "promote understanding and respect". Those 2 actions / statements are disrespectful.

I hold the company responsible and base that on their history of how they handled situations in the past.

·
Registered
696 Posts
9.jpg.gif

Do my own at home. Can't afford the rich prices of their coffee and don't like what works there. Don't go where your money is not good enough for them.

See if they will call 911 when getting robbed and beaten at work or home---here piggy piggy.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Management in any business cannot watch the hired help all the time.
Anyone that acts that way in public never had any upbringing at home. They should all beaten,tarred and feathered. Manners is taught and respect is earned.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Starbucks can keep their coffee, I support Black Rifle Coffee Company and order from them. Their coffee is a heck of a lot better and our politics align.

·
Jesus Saves
7,795 Posts
No, but they can manage it after the fact with proper action. Proper action determines the quality if individuals who will then start to apply for the job. Result, culture change within an organization. Starbucks has a reputation and that reputation will will not change with an apology.

Not that it is 100% absent, but how many times do you see this at other well run organizations? Management sets the tone and it enforces that tone through leadership and discipline. There are to many stories out there involving Starbucks that tells me they are not serious about their apology. Their reputation is not good.....and it's not all the fault of the front liner workers.

·
Live Free
2,795 Posts
True, but management could and should be held accountable for how that business runs which includes interacting with customers...all customers. They may not be able to have eyes on every employee every minute, but they have the power to fire for poor performance and hire new to replace them. If management refuses to deal with poor performance, it will spread until the company is eventually recognized for their lousy employees.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts