National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone ,I am an international students in the USA ,My parents both work at Army and When I was a little boy My father started to teach me how to use gun, I like Bolt action Rifle Very much, I want to know If I can buy The bolt action Rifle in usa as an international students.
I can.t live without them..... :cry: :cry:

·
Ruler of Ramnation
1,013 Posts
I really don't know if you could do that legally. I'm guessing not. What state are you residing in? See--you'll need to fill out the yellow form and you'll be run through NCIC and the Fed. Without a SSN I wouldn't think that would go too far. You could go to a local gun shop and ask---that won't hurt you at all, and if you are worried that a S.W.A.T. team will be called to the scene, just call a local shop from the yellow pages and ask if you (as an international student) would be able to purchase a firearm here in the USA legally.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyway, I will Follow the Law.....May Be I just can play those gun at gun club but cannot sleep with them....

·
Ruler of Ramnation
1,013 Posts
California is a whole new ball of wax then. If it weren't for some good folks living there and some that I know, I wouldn't consider it as an actual part of the USA. Welcome to the forum and good luck.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where are you from? Are you here on a resident or student visa?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Student Visa. You are a non immigrant alien. I know for a fact that you will need a State hunting license, plus there are many other hoops you must jump through. It ain't gonna be easy, hoss. Most likely, after you jump through all the required hoops they (ATFE) will still turn you down.

Contact your local ATFE Office before you do anything. Get everything in writing!

California has nothing to do with it except for issuing you a hunting license.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I forgot to ask the first question that came to my mind when I read your post. What exactly do you mean by "I have a BIG problem about the gun law in USA"? You don't elaborate. Which of the 20,000+ gun laws gives you heartburn?

·
Registered
159 Posts
gunrnr said:
I forgot to ask the first question that came to my mind when I read your post. What exactly do you mean by "I have a BIG problem about the gun law in USA"? You don't elaborate. Which of the 20,000+ gun laws gives you heartburn?
lol im sure its just a generalization.

·
Registered
658 Posts
So why not just pick up a used gun from a private seller.
The last I checked when I lived in CA you could still do that.
And as far as I know there is no law against it either.

·
Registered
159 Posts
keninaz said:
and keep it registered in the original owners name?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Murdoc said:
keninaz said:
and keep it registered in the original owners name?
Actually, the seller needs to go through a dealer:

I want to sell a gun to another person, i.e., a private party transfer. Am I required to conduct the transaction through a licensed California firearms dealer?

Yes. Firearm sales must be conducted through a fully licensed California firearms dealer. Failure to do so is a violation of California law. The buyer (and seller, in the event that the; buyer is denied), must meet the normal firearm purchase and delivery requirements. "Antique firearms," as defined in Section 921(a)(16) of Title 18 of the United States Code, and curio or relic rifles/shotguns, defined in Section 178.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations that are over 50 years old, are exempt from this requirement.

Firearms dealers are required to process private party transfers upon request. Firearms dealers may charge a fee not to exceed $10 per firearm for conducting a private party transfer. Example:

For a private party transfer involving one or more handguns, the total allowable fees, including the DROS, safety, and dealer transfer fees, are not to exceed $35.00 for the first handgun and $31.00 for each additional handgun involved in the same transaction.
For private party transfers involving one or more long guns, or a private party transfer involving one handgun, the total allowable fees, including the DROS, safety, and dealer transfer fees, are not to exceed $35.00. The dealer may charge an additional dealer-service fee of$10.00 per each additional firearm transferred.
(PC section 12072(d))

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
He Komrade Bill, WTF is up with the Democratic National Committee Flag?
Glock27Bill said:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am already asked a friend who lived there,It seems that the Students Visa Cannot Let me do anyting about firearm in the Fremont...damn......

I have 2 rifles
The Type 38 rifle with a 4X scope ,my grandpa gave it to me when iam 14 ,He blew the gun owner's head in the worldwar2:--- :---
The 100 ATR® BOLT ACTION RIFLE with a 12X50 scope.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually the US gun laws are more friendly than most od the industralized world. Go to the UK, Australia, Sweden and try your luck as a CITIZEN, much less a non resident. Few nations allow citizens to own enough guns to start a store front business. I have non FFL friends who have collections in the hundreds.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As an FFL in Arizona I can tell you how it would go down here,
You would need to be able to write Arizona in the resident of state line,
You would need to be 18, have a Resident Alien Card, have 90 days proof of residency (a phone bill, electric bill, car payment, ect in your name sent to your address.
You will need a gun dealer who is very patient, as your transaction will be Cancelled without all of the above, and even if you do have everything listed you will be Delayed for 4 business days at best. And that is in Gun-Friendly Arizona- I can't guess what kinda new-fangled state imposed gun laws you will be up against in California
Remember:

Quitters Never Win& Winners Never Quit :i:

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Resident Alien Card

There's the rub. He has a student visa. He is not a Permanent Resident. I believe he is allowed to purchase a firearm "for hunting purposes" only.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
That's exactly how it would be here in Gun-Friendly New Mexico. RESIDENT ALIEN card, corroborating ID, proof of six-months residency, and in the case of my little gunshop, ability to speak English sufficiently to understand the Form 4473 to my satisfaction. (Go ahead and call the ACLU -- I want to HEAR what they have to say on THAT ONE!)

YOU have BIG problem? You don't say where you're from ... matter of fact, you haven't said ANYTHING since we welcomed you to our little forum ... I think I'D have a BIGGER problem if I even expressed a DESIRE to buy a gun WHEREVER you're from! Please name ONE country where I as a non-citizen could purchase even one round of ammo.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
gunrnr said:
That's exactly how it would be here in Gun-Friendly New Mexico. RESIDENT ALIEN card, corroborating ID, proof of six-months residency, and in the case of my little gunshop, ability to speak English sufficiently to understand the Form 4473 to my satisfaction. (Go ahead and call the ACLU -- I want to HEAR what they have to say on THAT ONE!)

YOU have BIG problem? You don't say where you're from ... matter of fact, you haven't said ANYTHING since we welcomed you to our little forum ... I think I'D have a BIGGER problem if I even expressed a DESIRE to buy a gun WHEREVER you're from! Please name ONE country where I as a non-citizen could purchase even one round of ammo.
Hear that?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts