National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aim true !
10,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from a post elsewhere. No link given. So not sure if it's true.

"As a result of the increased workload and modified staffing schedules due to the COVID-19 protocols, beginning at 12:01 am ET, Saturday March 27, 2020 until 8 am ET, Monday March 30, 2020 the NICS Section will be temporarily disabling the Transfer Process. This means, when calling in a NICS check, you will be given a status immediately, to include delays with a Brady Transfer Date, and not transferred to an FBI Examiner for further review."

·
Aim true !
10,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting with the permits. Im not sure if PA does that. I think it's a great policy.

·
Live Free
2,883 Posts
I am not sure what every state does, but I am pretty sure Texas is like Iowa in this regard, and I have heard of it in others, but I cannot recall which ones. It makes sense though because you had a valid background check in order to obtain the permit; no need to keep rechecking for every purchase.

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,285 Posts
Bama as well

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Not necessarily. Even if that is true, in a lot of states persons with a carry permit just have to fill out 4473 and show permit and ID. If the report is true first time buyers will get a longer delay and those with no permit to carry.
Add to that that some states do not use the NICS system, they use their own

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Not necessarily. Even if that is true, in a lot of states persons with a carry permit just have to fill out 4473 and show permit and ID. If the report is true first time buyers will get a longer delay and those with no permit to carry.
Arkansas is the same.......but itt also depends on store policy.

·
Aim true !
10,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called my LGS. He said it's up and running. But slow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts