National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fellas, got a ticket today coming home from wal-mart. Stinks! He asked me if I had a gun in the car and of course I said yes to be on his good side :roll: . He just gave me a ok thank you for telling me, went back and gave me a ticket. :evil:
 
G

·
They don't ask in GA unless they have PC since it's legal to have a weapon in your car or home. In the car it's supposed to be in clear view or secured in console, gloce box or trunk unless you have a CC. With a CC you can do anything you want except for the usual exceptions: gubment buildings, bars, public gatherings, etc.
Neat thing about GA, it's legal to wear a handgun in a holster in plain view: you can put your .45 in a holster and strut down the street- not recommended in cities as the liberals get all excited and want the cops to arrest you.
 
G

·
ive open carried many a time and got a few looks and a one guy even asked me how i like the xd but ive never been stopped or even harrassed
 

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
Joined
·
2,444 Posts
leeindy said:
ive open carried many a time and got a few looks and a one guy even asked me how i like the xd but ive never been stopped or even harrassed
I would bypass Illinois unless you want to lock your weapon up in the trunk. As I mentioned in another thread, you will have a major headache with the ISP (State Police) if they find a weapon in the passenger area or even the glove box.
 

·
Old School.
Joined
·
11,011 Posts
In Florida as soon as he looks your drivers license up on his computer he knows if you have a CWP. Of course he doesn't know if you have a gun or not. He also can ask for the gun and check it out. Then he can disarm it and give it back to you if everything checks out OK. Most all the police really don't care if you have a gun they just want to know about it. Can't say I blame them in their position.



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 
G

·
Baldy said:
In Florida as soon as he looks your drivers license up on his computer he knows if you have a CWP. Of course he doesn't know if you have a gun or not. He also can ask for the gun and check it out. Then he can disarm it and give it back to you if everything checks out OK. Most all the police really don't care if you have a gun they just want to know about it. Can't say I blame them in their position.
yeah its the wons who tell them no and then take popp shots at them that make them nervous not us legal guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
957 Posts
I got pulled over one night after work. I had a brake light out. I gave the officer both of my licenses and she had me get out of my truck and disarmed me. To make it worse, she tried to unload my gun but couldnt retrack the slide(safety was on). She never ejected the mag, and the whole time it was pointed at my feet! I told her if she hadnt handled a single action it would be better to set it in the seat of my truck and she made me sit on my tailgate while she checked my info. Didnt get a ticket, only a warning and a scare :eek: .
 
G

·
red-rider said:
I got pulled over one night after work. I had a brake light out. I gave the officer both of my licenses and she had me get out of my truck and disarmed me. To make it worse, she tried to unload my gun but couldnt retrack the slide(safety was on). She never ejected the mag, and the whole time it was pointed at my feet! I told her if she hadnt handled a single action it would be better to set it in the seat of my truck and she made me sit on my tailgate while she checked my info. Didnt get a ticket, only a warning and a scare :eek: .
i would have reported this idiot to her shift super
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
In Nevada when the cop runs your plates the computer shows if you're a CFP(CCW) holder at which time it is your duty to inform the officer you have a firearm in your car and the location.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
957 Posts
I told this story in another forum and got all kinds of shoulda-woulda. I really didnt want to get her in trouble. When she realized she didnt know what she was doing, she did the right thing and set it in my seat for the duration....But the bigger story here is that CCW holders are the good guys, we make the streets safer for cops(Im sure youve seen the stats). I read an article related to this by a cop once who said he never once caught a bad guy using a holster. I bet 99.99% of permit holders are the most law abiding folk you'll ever meet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
leeindy said:
agreed. crooks tend to be a little more warry in places that allow concealed carry
Not this guy...must of had a death wish.

The following mind-boggling attempt at a crime spree appeared to be the robber's first, due to his lack of a previous record of violence, and his terminally stupid choices:

1. His target was H&J Leather & Firearms. A gun shop.

2. The shop was full of customers - firearms customers.

3. To enter the shop, the robber had to step around a marked police patrol car parked at the front door.

4. A uniformed officer was standing at the counter, having coffee before work.

Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a holdup, and fired a few wild shots. The officer and a clerk promptly returned fire, covered by several customers who also drew their guns, thereby removing the confused criminal from the gene pool.

No one else was hurt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
leeindy said:
suicide by police happens alot
Seems to happen alot more now than when I was in law enforcement in the early '70's.
Still keep-abreast of police community thru monthly meeting and seminars provided by our local PD and Homeland Security.
My wife is a Transpotation Security Officer(TSO) with TSA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
leeindy said:
some pansys would rather have someone else kill them.
Then the Officers get sued by the family for excessive use of force, (PITA)...waist of our tax dollars.
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top