Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's the first thing I used it on?
An M1895 Nagant 7.62 revolver! :cool:

Dang, that means I now own 3 commie guns! :shock:

G

·
Don't waste a CCW on a rifle- how do you intend to conceal a rifle?
On the handgun you need to consider your need and budget. For self defense and concealable you have to consider the best caliber.
IMHO the smallest you should consider is the 9mm semi auto or .357 in a revolver. A lot of good ones out there. Any decent wheel gun in .357 is OK. Ruger, Smith, Taurus, Colt, Rossi, etc.
In 9mm you can fetch a Glock, CZ, Betetta, Kahr, or any number of semi autos for a reasonable price. But for self defense consider a 10mm.
Cruise the forum for ideas. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. There's no "best" answer.
Just adhere to the iron rule in self defense: BRING ENOUGH GUN. A bigger hole is better.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
C&R, Whomp...Curio & Relic.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woe is my wallet. So far, I've bought:
Mosin Nagant M44 7.62X54R
M1895 7.62 Nagant revolver
Steyr M95/S34 8X56R

If I ever get George's little stimulus package, I'm thinking a Tokerov.

G

·
I got my training June 8. I cant wait. I was thinking yesterday about getting the Taurus Mill Pro .45 for my carry gun.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Punisher said:
I got my training June 8. I cant wait. I was thinking yesterday about getting the Taurus Mill Pro .45 for my carry gun.
Mr. Punisher -- he got his C&R license, that's "Curio and Relic", a type of FFL (Federal Firearms License). Not a carry permit.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
This post needs these...

...but I'll need them back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts