National Gun Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
i think they sell AKs in California with 5 round hi-cap detachable mags. The stocks always looked a little funny though.
Not with removable mag and pistol grip, no. Sad day when 5 rounds is considered "high capacity."

· Registered
1,040 Posts
Not with removable mag and pistol grip, no. Sad day when 5 rounds is considered "high capacity."
Is the magazine then one of those swivel ones? You press a button, and the magazine opens up like a door, but part of it is still attached because of the hinge?

· We must unite!
172 Posts
Wow, 5 rounds is high capacity there? If we follow the thoughts of the gun banners then there shoild be little to no gun violence in the peoples republic of kalifornia. And since fully auto weapons are illegal there must be none used in any crimes either. I'm not quite sure how that theory is holding up.

I want a fully auto .22. Probably a 10/22. It would give me the awesomeness of full auto a a more cost effective price.

As for need, no we don't need them. It is a want but this country is supposed to be free as long as we don't impead the rights of others. Some people own cars. Cars aren't necessary for civillians to own. Those "automatic" transportation devices should be outlawed. Look how many people they have killed. There's no reason to go that fast. Why wont walking or riding a bike do? Because we want a car.

A fork in the wrong hands is a deadly instrument, as is a stick, a knife, a blender, a bowling ball and every other object in the world. Most sporting goods can easily be used to kill but those are supposed to be used for sports. Then again shooting is an Olympic sport so why limit our sports equipment.

Many people ask why we need guns that hold more than one bullet, can shoot full auto, are black in color, and can be suppressed, why do we have to need them. Wanting these firearms is enough because the US is a free country, less and less all the tine though.

I hear guns are only used to kill. This is not entirely true. Yes that is what they were made for but they can be used for fun without killing. Look at the yoyo. It was designed as a weapon that could strike an enemy and come back yet millions of kids have found a way to enjoy them with hurting others.

Sadly a person I work with told me they give you power and make you want to do things you normally wouldn't do. To this I asked him if you were holding a gun right now would you want to rob this place? He understood but did make a good point about guns giving a person power. Everyone here knows Mr. Colt made people equal. A 70 pound grandma can take on a 300lb attacker and survive.

If everybody had a gun the criminals would be too scared to commit crimes. Sorry this rant went a little off topic lol

· Banned
34 Posts
I don't have any practical experience with a FA weapon but I do know that in the event of, god forbid, someone invading the US I'd rather have one nearby than a Semi, that and there are simply too many guns out there that are way too much fun to NOT Rock N' Roll em.

· Registered
826 Posts
For all you guys that want a full auto, I seriously recommend you visit the fostech website! Im not promoting anything, I just absolutely LOVE their product. I bought the new billet aluminum bump fire stock for my AK and it literally works like a full auto AK. They make one for the AR too, and also one for a 1022!! I paid 400 for mine, and it was worth every penny.

Heres my AK with the new stock.

And a short simple video of me using it. Why pay for a full auto?

· Super Moderator
15,175 Posts
I seem to recall reading that the bump fire devices are illegal in some states. Know the laws in your area.

Also, even if they ARE legal, you may find yourself the center of attention by a questioning LEO.

--Wag--

· Registered
4 Posts
Maser: "It's not a question of what we "need". If I am an upstanding US Citizen and I am not a criminal and I am a law abider, then I should be able to own ANY type of firearm I choose to. We don't "need" fast cars or muscle cars, but rather we choose to own them. Why should guns be any different? "

There you go being all logical. To bad logic doesn't seem to apply to this issue.

· Premium Member
14,424 Posts
Welcome to NGF. Mr. Maser has been gone for some time. The last post to this item was about a year and a half ago. Your comment is well taken but maybe a bit detached.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.