National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went ahead and got me a one year membership at the indoor range here.
Paying all at once. It works out to $38 a month.

Since their classes for the enhanced CC permit are backed up. I went ahead and paid for that also. Middle of next month is earliest. I told them I now have a job that shouldn't be too difficult to make it. But could have to put it off. They said no problem. Can put it off a couple times if necessary. What can I say? I'm in trucking. Things happen. But can reasonably expect to make it.

· Registered
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This also brings up another problem.
I've never been overly enthused with semi auto's. They're ok. Not interesting to take to the range.
I remembered my GP100. First gun I ever owned. I shot it alot at the range. It was interesting. It was accurate. Never got bored of shooting it.
So I've been looking. Can get a Match Champion. Not sure if I want it? It is really that much better? Price comparison seems to be to cover the cost of the wood grip. Which is really nice.
Local shop has a couple GP100's with 7 round capacity. ???? 4.2 incher and 2.75 incher. ????
Held a six incher in black today. Really liked it alot. Rubber Hogue grip on it.

I don't know?
Maybe I should just concentrate on my sig220 at the range. It's not really interesting to me. But I admit. I need to be in practice with it. S is HTF. It's just getting worse. I need something for fighting. It is a good one.
Got my LCR. Easy to shoot. Don't really need to practice alot.
My LCP. hehe... need to practice that a whole lot. Carried it more than anything. Fell asleep with it in my pocket and didn't even realize it. It ain't no SHTF gun though.
I have to travel around in my work. We do avoid trouble spots. Have the freedom to do that. But? Could get caught in a situation I don't want to be in. And those people will only respect power.

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,030 Posts
I love revolvers and lever action rifles, however IMHO semi-autos are more practical for defensive situations. With a semi-auto, you can carry/reload more rounds faster and they work better with suppressors, if you want to go that route.

· Registered
4,408 Posts
Did you look at the 8 shot Super GP-100? Glad they're willing to work with your schedule. I miss my local indoor range it was walking distance away. (Walking distance for me these days is less than a mile)

· Registered
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know that I want to pay what they want for that 8 shot revolver. Besides... I don't like the way it looks. It looks: Hollywood!
After looking around. I think I should just play it smart for right now. Just shoot a little each week. I have a few hundred rounds. Also some I could reload. Also I could buy some ammo from my range. They got 45acp for members at $22 a box. Not crazy about it. But...
I really should stay in practice with my 220.

· Super Moderator
6,146 Posts
Good price per month! My range just went up on their prices AND some ranges here are charging instructors, a huge one time yearly fee, to bring their students there for the firearms portion of the test. Other ranges just out right banned all instructors from their ranges who don't work at the range. So only the range can give the safety courses in that area.

Reactions: PrairieHunt

· Registered
1,831 Posts
Eh I am non discriminatory when dealing with guns, unlike people I can pretty much figure a gun out and know just what it will do. PEOPLE not so much Revolver, Semi, Pistols, Lever, Bolt, Semi rifle/shot guns load em up set em down YOU JUST KNOW what a gun will do. I will take that, add people element all bets are off.

· Registered
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well guys... Was a good thing getting that membership. Took until second time, toward the end, to finally start feeling comfortable. At first was nothing but autonomic memory of my controlled flinch. I needed this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.