National Gun Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,829 Posts
What do you do with 410/000? Can you hunt with that where you are? We can’t in NJ. I have a few rounds of .410/ slug just because.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What do you do with 410/000? Can you hunt with that where you are? We can’t in NJ. I have a few rounds of .410/ slug just because.
We can't for some things but other things are ok. I need them for my hand cannon. BTW, I took the grips off a little while back and it appears the 3" 000 cracked the grips.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
15,217 Posts
Man, you guys have all the fun!

• Haha
Reactions: Philmo11

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
FedEx says it’ll be delivered tomorrow (well, today I guess). Unfortunately, I don’t think my background will be cleared by then. Friday he hadn’t submitted it yet.

·
Super Moderator
12,877 Posts
Hot barrels!

--Wag--

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So I got it home, filmed the first half of the review, went inside and installed the mag catch only to find out he didn’t send all the parts. There is a spacer that goes in the magwell that isn’t here, so the 1911 mags fall out. Not a good start, not a good start at all.

As for the rifle, it’s solid. Looks much nicer than the original black. The steel receiver cover is textured like the plastic so it flows well. The texture is an exact match. The paint job is very good. It hasn’t had a malfunction yet in 40rds. I chose my lightest 185gr rounds with the thought that if they cycle, just about anything would.

Couple pics to tide you over…
Hat Plant Air gun Trigger Tree

Sky Plant Air gun Machine gun Trigger

Sky Hat Air gun Plant Cap

Couple things I am not fond of…

No bolt release. Have to drop the empty mag to close the bolt.

Bolt hold open is just retarded. It takes an act of god to get the bolt handle to fit into the receiver housing to hold the bolt open. Curious of this is because of the texture and paint job making the hole smaller than normal.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I went ahead and ordered another one. I figured this edition probably won’t last long so I’d rather go ahead and buy a second one than wish I had later.

I’m going to need more 45 ACP…

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Tested the drums with a 1911… Wow!… just, Wow! At one point the rounds just shot out the top of the mag like a geyser…

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Every once in a while I come across something so bad that you really can’t do anything but shake your head and laugh at how awful it’s is. This is one of those times.

·
Registered
15,217 Posts
I'm about halfway through the video and was going to suggest having the slide open when inserting the mag so you don't have to compress the rounds under the slide but you just did that. I'm going to guess the hole for the mag lock is cut slightly wrong, I have seen a mag or two like this in the past. With regards to the first one I'm going to guess there is just too much pressure for the mag and it expanded the lips out. Many drums mags even on older style designs often have problems with reliability. The only ones i have seen that seem to work decent are ones for AR's for some reason...Ok now I'll continue.

·
Premium Member
7,829 Posts
Hey Phil, when you become a big deal Vedic star, don’t forget to give a mention or shout out to your pal Stamps! Lol. I want to be famous too!

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
when you become a big deal Vedic star,
Probably don’t have to worry about that happening 😂.

The feed lips, odd issue. I posted that pic with them loaded in the 2 guns I tested with in the video. They weren’t loaded in that pic for obvious reasons but neither of them had an issue going into the magwell. Not until I loaded that one did it have a problem. It wouldn’t even start in the magwell without pressure. You probably heard me say in the video I thought there was too much pressure right before the rounds shot out of the top. I looked for cracks or separation around the lips but saw nothing out of the ordinary.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts