National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did… After some research, I bought a Hi-Point 45TS Grand Union Flag edition.

Also bought a 1911 mag catch conversion kit for it. Ive got lots of 1911 mags. I’ve got at least one red dot I can slap on it.

It just looks like fun. The only real complaint I hear is that they are ugly. Well… this one is less ugly and will be able to accept a 1911 drum when I’m done with it.

Cost me $349. The original black was $339 two years ago.

·
Aim true !
12,184 Posts
One tip on the rail. Take the hold down screws out one at a time. And put some blue loc-tite on them. They loosen up from the gun cycling.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Got sort of a steampunk look to it. And you can't beat their Warranty. Built in Elyria, Ohio, the home of Rigid, of pipe wrench fame. IME, the mags weren't so hot, so if you got that covered, you're good to go.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about a range report.
It’ll be weeks before I get me grubs on it… but I will.

One tip on the rail. Take the hold down screws out one at a time. And put some blue loc-tite on them. They loosen up from the gun cycling.
Thanks buddy.

Got sort of a steampunk look to it. And you can't beat their Warranty. Built in Elyria, Ohio, the home of Rigid, of pipe wrench fame. IME, the mags weren't so hot, so if you got that covered, you're good to go.
I had a Hi-Point 9mm handgun many, many moons ago. Brother talked me into one, back when we were too poor for anything else. $100 gun, new. Magazines were garbage. Sometimes you’d have to rack it 5-6 times to get the first round to chamber. The 1911 mag conversion makes the difference... At least I hope it does.

·
Premium Member
7,829 Posts
Don’t let anybody’s silence effect you. You’re your own man. You march to the beat of a different drum. Nobody’s going to tell you what not to buy. So it’s a bit chunky, you may be too. Yes it’s ugly, you may be too. We all know there’s no pride in ownership with that gun but who ever said your wife was proud of being your wife? To a personal relationship between you and your gun. I hear they Ave great customer service.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don’t let anybody’s silence effect you. You’re your own man. You march to the beat of a different drum. Nobody’s going to tell you what not to buy. So it’s a bit chunky, you may be too. Yes it’s ugly, you may be too. We all know there’s no pride in ownership with that gun but who ever said your wife was proud of being your wife? To a personal relationship between you and your gun. I hear they Ave great customer service.
😂 You have to know our relationship. Every third sentence is a blow at the other one. We enjoy it. I know him, he thought it was a trap when I said I bought a Hi-Point. I was baiting him.

As for the actual gun, it’ll get a fair shake like anything else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Agree with your thoughts!

·
Aim true !
12,184 Posts
i know someone who used to bust my but about my Hi-points. Their junk they jam ect ect ect. One day he asked me. You don't have any problems with your Hi-points do you? I said nope they keep on shoot'n. He goes well they still are ugly.

·
Registered
15,217 Posts
I need a 45acp carbine in my life. Hey Ruger, do you hear me? That Hi point has a pistol grip and we all know if you have one of those here in NY it turns you into some serial killer mass shooting machine.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
did not know of the 1911 mag conversion ability.......
very attractive and more practical to use your own 1911 mags.

the mags on the hi point line i always though of as the weakest link.....like any other auto, you have to have decent mags.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
did not know of the 1911 mag conversion ability.......
very attractive and more practical to use your own 1911 mags.

the mags on the hi point line i always though of as the weakest link.....like any other auto, you have to have decent mags.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,414 Posts
This reads to me like a "real men of genius" Budweiser commercial. 😂🤣😂

Today we salute YOU Mr. Hi-Point 45 Pistol Caliber Carbine buyer!

·
Super Moderator
5,931 Posts
Forehead Smile Gesture Curtain Publication

LOL! Joking aside, 45ACP carbine for one low price and works...best buy one can get. Congrats on the find!

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
774 Posts
That sounds suspiciously like damnation, by using faint praise.😜

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Went on our weekly ammo hunt. Brother says he was considering a 9mm. Too bad a 9mm 1911 mag won’t fit in a 9mm Hi-Point carbine. Could have set one of those up for him.

On another note, I score some 410 -000 buck this evening. Good thing. Only had 15rds left for the Bond.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts