National Gun Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Aim true !
Discussion Starter #1
I checked brickseek for our local walmart 22lr stock. The Remington bucket of bullets were still in stock i saw a few days ago. I was nice and left them for someone else. No one grabbed them. So now they are mine. 135.00 for 2800 rounds after tax. The others i got at Gators i was out of for my 107 year old 22. So needed those. 馃榿

Aim true !
Discussion Starter #3
It comes out to 5 cents a round. I didn't really need it. I stocked up well before the newest ''shortage''. But when my LGS told me he's not sure how he will keep his ammo stock going.After I commented how well stocked he was when i bought low velocity for my old timer. It got me thinking. I like to shoot often.

Registered
OMG!

2,800 rounds?!?

CNN et al. refers to that as an veritable armory!

Most here would refer to that as BARELY six months worth of weekends at the range with the youngins.

Premium Member
The proper amount of ammo in storage is a two sided coin. No gun people will say 100 rounds is a lot of ammo simply because they have no concept of a day at the range. They want you to get a permit or make a law about the amount of ammo you can have. Shooters will tell you that 10,000 rounds is a good starting point. How many times do you see that someone got raided and had a 鈥淎rsenal鈥 of guns and ammo? I鈥檝e had non shooters ask me, 鈥淗ow many guns do you have?鈥 I tell them honestly, 鈥 I don鈥檛 know but there鈥檚 always a new one on my want list.鈥 I believe in having the right tool for the job. I hunt lots of different game so I don鈥檛 have a one size fits all gun. Why would I try to use the same gun on a quail that I would use on a turkey or goose or even a deer? I could but it would do one job better than the other or both jobs poorly.

RELOAD=More PEW PEW
Good for you man, still waiting for those CCI quiet up here... but I don't think they're ever going to come back

Reactions: Coalcracker

Aim true !
Discussion Starter #8
My father is having a hard time finding quiets too. He uses them for pest control without alerting the neighbors.

Registered
I picked up 14 100 round large pistol primers packs at the Wally World near me the other day at $4.88 apiece.
Christmas has come early!

Aim true !
Discussion Starter #10
I picked up another bucket of bullets tonight. PS good to see you back Artie. 馃憤

Reactions: Artie1957

Registered
I picked up 14 100 round large pistol primers packs at the Wally World near me the other day at $4.88 apiece.
Christmas has come early!
I haven't even seen a box of primers on the self in months. Good for you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Registered
At one point this year, I had close to 50,000 rds, 20,000 of those being 22lr. That was around March. I just got a major shock a few minutes ago as I just took inventory. I鈥檓 down to 16,000 + 6750 .22 LR. I鈥檓 about to sell off 660 rds of steel case 308 so that鈥檚 gonna leave a dent.

I know I have brass that needs loaded but I don鈥檛 have near that much brass. I know brother has been helping himself as has the nephew and I鈥檝e had a bunch of women shooting but DAMN! I know there鈥檚 probably 1,000rds of brass that never came back from the classes but counting 10% (on the high side) lost brass I鈥檓 still down several thousand rounds.

I feel naked...

Registered
I generally try to keep at least 2000-3000 rounds per gun. I have a small stockpile. Had to brace the floor several guns ago.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts