National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Aim true !
11,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to list them on ebay. Couldn't do it. They are my 1st press's. Kinda sentimental to me. Yeah they are going sky high these days. But i don't need the money that bad either.

Reactions: Ziggidy and Caper

·
Registered
981 Posts
Even if you have bigger faster presses, they still have uses. If you need to transport them, they are smaller and lighter. So there is that.
I bought a hand press. It is more physical to use but it will work and is very portable. Or easily hidden.
The press, an electric scale and most of my dies will fit in a 50 cal can. The rest of them and a beam scale in another can.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Just hold on to it.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Super Moderator
14,492 Posts
I kept all of my old presses and even purchased another old press. I use my dad's Herters single stage as a dedicated decapper. I use an RCBS single stage as a dedicated cast bullet sizing press. I have two RCBS 7 hole turrets that I have two sets of pistol dies on (each) all set and ready to go. My big Hollywood turret is for rifle dies. In my old loading room I had them (all except the sizer and the Hollywood) set up on a bench about six inches apart. While it wasn't ideal, it worked just fine. Now I have more room and keep the bullet casting stuff and the decapper out in the shop and the rest of the stuff inside. It sure keeps things a lot cleaner where things need to be clean.

Alan

Reactions: Coalcracker
1 - 4 of 4 Posts