National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never though it would happen, but after almost a decade of gun collecting (more if you count granddad's gifts) I have finally bought my first Glock (pic to follow). My EDC was a Smith SD9VE until last night, when I traded it for a Glock 43x.

The SD9 wasn't a bad gun overall, but between the weight, the bulk, and that sandpaper grip on bare skin, it was just rather uncomfortable for me to conceal, plus the G43x has a better trigger. I'll be taking it out the the pistol range today to put some rounds through it, results will be posted in the "Range Report" subforum. But for now, here's the gun:

20191110_074543.jpg

·
Jesus Saves
7,706 Posts
I'm sorry. We have those moments when we think back and ask ourselves, "what in the world was I thinking?" The only advice I can give you is to put it in a bucket of cement and throw it in the ocean. Do it today....do it now. Rack it up as a learning experience. Get out of that cult before it's to late. Forget it ever happened.....and do not make the same mistake twice!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
congrats..............as a former owner of an SW9Ve.....i can see where you like the trigger better......and the slim grip as well........

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,530 Posts
To err is human.

Reactions: Russ D

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
I've never liked the feel of polymer guns and the shape and feel of Glocks, especially, have always been, shall we say, unpleasant to me. They don't seem to balance well and they feel way top heavy. Somehow, I've got an M&P40 and a Taurus Millennium Pro 745 (or something like that) and those two guns put me off of striker fired handguns in general.

Anyhoo, a year or two ago, a friend of a friend showed up to go to the range with me and he brought his Glock 34 Long Slide in 9mm and insisted that I try it out. I "tried it out" just to get him off my a$$ about it and danged if that wasn't a very sweet shooting pistola! Four weeks later, I stumbled across one at a LGS and since it was such a smokin' deal, I went ahead and bought it. Been happy with it ever since. Just a great shooter.

Still don't like the feel of it in my hand or the balance of it but it's better than other polymers I've held in my hands.

Yeah, never say never. For one thing, your crystal ball may be absolutely wrong and for another thing, you may miss an opportunity to have a little fun on the side. Ten years ago, if you had told me I would have three little chihuahuas, I would have laughed you to scorn. If you had told me I would own a Glock, I would have wanted to pop a cap in your a$$ (from a Ruger, of course!) But now, I love my little mouse hounds and I have fun with the Glock.

:wink:

--Wag--

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly, I wasn't looking for a glock, just something to replace the SD9. Don't get me wrong, if I were, for example, and armed guard or on-duty LEO looking for a service pistol, then I'd love the SD9, but for EDC it just didnt fit my needs. I'm still not much a fan of Glock as a whole, but my big issue is that they are wide and blocky, making for a poor fit in my relatively small hands. The 43x, being single stack with somewhat more rounded edges doesn't give me that problem.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
I’ve never owned a Glock , so congratulations. They have a real following. There’s a ass for every seat. You can easily sell it if your not happy with it. At least it’s not a HiPoint. Don’t listen to the nay sayers. If you like it, that’s what counts. If you’re happy then I’m happy for you.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,779 Posts
I own, and have owned, a massive number of firearms. Currently, I own one polymer framed firearm, a little Ruger revolver. I do not see that number changing. The Ruger is my EDC. I love it.

·
Aim true !
9,745 Posts
What i meant was some folks bash a brand who never tried the product. I had someone i know bashing Hi-point. Saying there junk. One day he goes you don't have any problems with your'e Hi-points do you? I said nope. He bashes Glock too. One day ill get one and prove him wrong again.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,530 Posts
I wonder how many Glock bashers ever owned one? :lol:
Owned: Zero
Tried shooting: 6 or 7

Of those I tried (forgive me, I don't remember what the models were), I found the grips uncomfortable, the grip angle odd, the trigger heavy and I was lucky to get my shots onto paper, let alone the circle.

·
Aim true !
9,745 Posts
Trying them counts for deciding if you would like them or not. Especially 6 or 7.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Y'all know I'm razzin' ya.

I never owned one, never even looked at one (close up)

If ya like it, great. Just don't carry it appendix.......
I refuse to carry appendix, I like my er... parts... too much for that.

I carry somewhere between 2 o'clock and 4 o'clock, depending on where I am and what I'm wearing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts