National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have recently retired and will be traveling around the country in our motorhome(when the travel bans are lifted). I have a 16 gauge Remington 870 Wingmaster that I want to carry in the RV. It has a 28" barrel that will be very difficult to use in the confines of an RV. I do not want to shorten this barrel as I do not want to diminish the value of the shotgun. I would like to find an 18" to 20" barrel to replace the longer one. A quick search online comes up with many 20 gauge barrels but no 16 gauge. I am hoping someone here will be able to help me locate one. Thanks in advance for any help you folks can provide.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,985 Posts
Greetings and Salutations

Finding any length 870 16ga barrel for sale will be difficult. Be thankful you're not looking for a 28 ga barrel.

These folks offer 870 16ga barrels https://www.corsonsbarrels.com/rem870barrels.htm Not cheap and you'll have to cut it down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys
Popeye--thanks for the link. I don't want to spend that much on something i would cut. Might just go ahead and shorten the one I have.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Don’t shorten the one you have. Get a new shotgun instead. You could sell the 16 and buy a new 20 or 12 and it would probably be a wash. 16’s are a bit desirable.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Welcome from North Central Florida. You can buy a Maverick 12 from Mossberg for less than $200 and leave that 16 gauge alone. !2 gauge defensive ammo is more readily available everywhere you'll be traveling, That Wingmaster in good condition seems to be going for $495 and up on a few sites; so I'd leave it be.

·
Super Moderator
5,705 Posts
Welcome to the National Gun Forum!

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,347 Posts
Welcome from NC!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts