National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i,ve heard of these things being loaded with Solids to Incenderary Charges,whats the wildest thing U have heard of these things
being Loaded with? Check this out : http://www.hi-vel.com > Specialized ShotShell Ammunition ;) ...Nail Heads is My Personal Fave :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
poly shock is the best ive seen.

need realplayer to watch it but its worth it.http://armedforcesjournal.com/blackwater/real/PolyShokinSlowMotion.ram

POLYSHOK IMPACT REACTIVE PROJECTILE
Caliber: 12-gauge shotgun shell
Features: This 540-grain "timed expansion round" delivers the accuracy and punch of a normal 12-gauge slug with about half the recoil. Capable of penetrating body armor and auto glass, it unleashes nearly all of its energy on the target, greatly reducing prospects of unintended collateral damage.
Evaluator: "Damn. If this ammo isn’t in the inventory now, it should be"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Read about one called Dragons Breath its a Flame Thrower round for a 12ga! apparently not that great anyone know anything bout these or more oddball shotshells I wanna hear about it!! ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you ssn the new taser round for the 12 gauge? i don't think they hit the market yet, but look like they would be effective and safe for use inside your house. no worries about unintended targets. i'll see if i can find the link back.......

·
Registered
341 Posts
eXXit said:
Read about one called Dragons Breath its a Flame Thrower round for a 12ga! apparently not that great anyone know anything bout these or more oddball shotshells I wanna hear about it!! ;)
I bought some dragons breath rounds a while back. I still have one I have been saving to shoot at night. Here is a .gif of my buddy shooting one off. This shot actually caught a box on fire about 50 yards down range.

So far the best specialty round I have bought has been .45acp daylight tracers. They are super bright during the day and it is interesting to watch the flight path of a .45.

-Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dethlokk said:
Here's a picture of one being shot at night...

Thats Impressive! and thats zirconium? do u know wat compounds they use? I would have thought that there would be Magnesium in there somewhere, Thanx "Dethlokk" ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dethlokk said:
I'm not too sure what else goes into them, but I do know zirconium is a pyrophoric element, which means in a powdered form, it ignites spontaneously upon contact with air. So if I had to guess, I would say it uses a normal primer with a small amount of propellant, and relies entirely on the pyrophoricity of the zirconium to do the rest. I may be wrong, though...

Does anybody know more about these rounds? I'm curious now, myself.
Let us know how you get on Dude, Id like to know my self sounds like a volitile mix though!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes It is Dude! anyone got anything on 12g,s I like the fact that they can be made into anything that U want,(excluding long range rounds) unless someone has somethin new to add ! Id like your opinon on this Folks ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
eXXit--

I agree, and using a slug would put it as far as I would want it to go. If I were way out in the wilderness, I wouldn't mind having a rifle, but as it is, I only own shotguns and semi's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
U make it sound like a Curse! Never used a shotty out beyond 75mtrs because so far there just useless up to that(and thats the Max!) SmoothBore or Rifled Slug rounds were never mean,t to go that far!....prove me wrong! ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts