National Gun Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,914 Posts
you need the img tags [i m g] your image link [/ i m g] just get rid of the spaces

Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
A word of caution for photobucket and some other cloud services. Posting a single picture from a particular library will allow access to that entire library.

Reactions: Speed

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,914 Posts
A word of caution for photobucket and some other cloud services. Posting a single picture from a particular library will allow access to that entire library.
If the album/library is not set to private.
I have 1000's of photos on photobucket in many many albums. Everything is set to private so that no one can do what you're describing.
A great word of caution nonetheless as most user don't know to set their albums to private.
Photobucket will also allow other users to copy your pics to their album(s) unless yours is set up to not allow this.

Important info, Thanks for pointing that out Mr. Fred.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I didn't know you can set it to private but if you did can you still share pics?

Security is not a hard objective to achieve the problem is making it user friendly. To make it easier for me I have loose security settings on my browser and firewall. I live with the tradeoff and consequences.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,914 Posts
I didn't know you can set it to private but if you did can you still share pics?
Yes, it will only share the pic you are posting. If someone were to try and backtrack photobucket will send them to a splash page informing that the album is private.
You can also password protect your albums. so for example if I wanted to share my gun album. I can give you the password and you will only have access to that album.
The other albums in your bucket would remain private.

you can try with this image:

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
you need the img tags [i m g] your image link [/ i m g] just get rid of the spaces

Thanks Speed, I'll play around with it more.
By the way, that's one of the toys I got from when my
dad passed away. Colt official Police .38 special.
According to S/N it's a 1929. It is in beautiful shape.
I know the grip isn't factory, but better for me, I got
big hands.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
clay colton 016.jpg

Think I got it now

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
one more try,

clay colton 028.jpg

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Now I have to learn how to post full size. I can copy out of my
computer, but it won't let me paste it.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,914 Posts
Heres a quick tut for Photobucket users on setting their library to private.

on the right hand side you’ll see a link under “actions” thats says “edit settings”

click it and this screen opens:

Edit the two fields the red arrows point to and your library will now be private

21 - 30 of 30 Posts