National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Realized I wrote a guide and figured I'd post it here.

1) If you have an image on your computer that you wanna post, then you have to upload it first. Go to http://www.imageshack.us where it is real easy, and you don't have to sign up for anything. Once uploaded, scroll to the bottom of the page, and copy that address that is in the
"Direct link to image" box. Proceed to step 3.

2) If you find a picture on the internet you want to put up, right click on it and choose "Copy image location."

3) Hit reply in the post, and push the "Img" box and this:

Code:
[img][/img]
will pop up. Put the cursor between the bracket, and paste.

Code:
[img]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/funny-pictures-bird-squadron-trapped-by-cat.jpg[/img]
That will produce this:

·
Big Gun Enthusiast
420 Posts
THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOu.....FINALLY!

·
Citizen of Texas!
1,421 Posts
how do people get the little picture next to their name?

when I go to my profile, it shows the picture... but when i make a post it doesn't show the picture...

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,955 Posts
Click on the picture. Then click again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
HELP i cant get my profile pic to upload!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Never mind i got it. I can handle a gun but the computer kicks my butt!!:smilewinkgrin:

·
Registered
236 Posts
might help...?

I don't think you have to post a full size Billboard picture... the thumbnails work just fine for me. I send all the pictures I want to share to my downloads, and file them in "my favorites" . When I want to Insert a picture. I go to "go advance" click on attachments "the paper clip" ...a new window opens click on "add files, then choose file" ...the stored pictures on your PC should be there to select from. Under pictures. (click picture, click upload)... these pics are free...:wink:

Now click on thumbnail picture... to enlarge.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Kenneth,

Copy and paste the syntax into a Notepad text file while you create it.

The image must be a picture file with a suffix of .png, .jpg, .jpeg or .gif. BMP's will NOT work on these forums.

Copy the complete URL from the location bar and put it between the img tags. Be sure there are no spaces. Then copy/paste the complete line into the post text box and post the message.

Another easy to use image hosting site is imgur: the simple image sharer - just drag your image from your PC to the open Imgur.com window and drop it. Click Start Upload. Click the image and capture the URL. Paste into the img tags and post.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
TEST

·
Registered
3,410 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
First one was good but not second one

1 - 20 of 30 Posts