National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been many people trying to figure out how to put up their avatar. I have made a really simple guide and hope it helps.

1. Click on User CP at the top right of your screen.
2. Click on profile on the left side.
3. Click on Edit Avatar
4. Enter the url address of the image. If you do not know how to do this then simply scroll up to the top of the screen and RIGHT CLICK on the HUGE national gun forum banner. Scroll down to properties. A box should pop up. When it does you will see a link (You cannot click on it). Highlight that link and that is what you put in the box for your avatar. This is only a example. You RIGHT CLICK on the picture that YOU WANT IN YOUR AVATAR!

I hope this helps the many that seem to get confused.

·
Ruler of Ramnation
993 Posts
I knew how to install my avatar---but everything disappeared and I'm unable to do a custom option. The box is marked and I cannot change the settings.

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
I knew how to install my avatar---but everything disappeared and I'm unable to do a custom option. The box is marked and I cannot change the settings.
There is a way... but in this forum format, an admin has to "allow" a user to post an avatar. I guess there will be a bit of time before all the bugs are worked out.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I can wait this new style looks good

·
Ruler of Ramnation
993 Posts
Okay. I'll be patient. Say---it is kind of cool to be posting in the future and knowing I've been a member here since 1969! My bad---they fixed that already.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I keep getting an error on page message when trying to upload an avatar.

Okay, now that i see it, maybe not...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Go to home..Click on your screen name...Scroll down and click on private message..Scroll down look left side to edit any of your profile ....hope you get there

·
1,796 Posts
Just a heads up it told me twice that my upload had failed but as we can see it worked.

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,224 Posts
still get a vBulletin upload failed pic is 100x75 pixels 1.95kb in size
oh well........:mad5:

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,224 Posts
Just a heads up it told me twice that my upload had failed but as we can see it worked.
same here oh well.............:thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I`m not getting a link of any kind on editing an avatar. I`ve done what was said at beginning of this thread. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Test message to see if avatar shows up.

Nope. For the admins - tried to set avatar address as instructed, using the address of the photo in my picture gallery. No Go. Can you examine attributes of picture and address to see if all is compliant?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts