National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. My name is Spencer, I'm new to the forums here! I've been lurking around and there are some really great discussions and a ton of great information here. So first thank you for being a great resource for firearm owners.

I want to help my friends and family choose a holster that's best for them. Obviously a lot of what makes the right holster for someone is dependent on many factors. All of these questions I have answers myself but I would like some input from a larger crowd.

So question:
How do you guys/gals find the perfect holster? What's your thought process or process in general to find a good holster? I have several and it seems rather arduous to find one that fits comfortably, the right cant and cut, leather or kydex, IWB or OWB, appendix or 4 o clock position, etc..

Thanks for reading. Hope to start a really great discussion! If this was discussed already somewhere please kindly direct me there and we can close this thread in an effort to keep the discussion consolidated.

Cheers

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
If you'd like one holster to experiment with. Maybe just stay with it? A 3in1 by Remora. I had them add a custom "thigh strap" that is long enough for my waist. This allows much experimenting and change in carry with one holster.
Interesting though... I prefer to use my custom waist length thigh strap with a Remora OWB, carried IWB, and a different gun.
Have been using the 3in1 for pocket carry.
I guess we're never satisfied?
Both the 3in1 and OWB allow for much experimenting with cant, height, and placement of the holster.
If you were to choose a Remora. I would highly suggest the reinforced top edge. It comes down a couple inches and provides more protection for the trigger. Works good.
I'd also suggest the extra nice interior. It seems to grab the gun better while allowing easy unholstering.

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Much if it's trial and error. Many holsters come in in packaging that can open and some gun shops will let you try them in the store for fit and feel. Do this when possible. Even doing that doesn't tell you how it will feel after wearing it for several hours. Everybody is different on what they like, how they wear it and what kind of gun they carry. The sky is the limit, you can buy a $10 uncle mikes or you can get a $1,000 custom leather shoulder rig and everything in between.

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
There is no perfect holster in my mind. Because we have different dress situations, different guns, So I have the box o holsters just like most everyone else. But everyone has a purpose and some get used more than others.

Things I consider.

1, ride height
2, retention
3, quality
4, comfort
5, printing
6, Is the trigger covered?
7, release of the gun.
8, cant I like 0 cant

Currently I will use one of these.

Remora sticky holster LC9s on the hip and in the pocket.
PJ holster LC9s IWB very comfy
Leather OWB by Safariland LC9s

Safariland IWB Ruger SR1911 lightweight.
N82 tactical IWB Ruger SR1911 lightweight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts