National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How short can I go with the barrels on my Rem 870 Super Mag before the patterns & ranges are affected? At the moment I,m running a 28"& mainly 3" Mags for waterfowl but am thinking of putting a folding stock on it(for ease of carry).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
folding stock. doesnt point and shoot as well as a regular one. if you still want to use it for bird i wouldnt recomend anything under 22 but for home defense if your country allows 14 is the gold standard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
every inch you lose, that pattern widens just a bit, also it depends on the loads you use.
I have a 18 1/2 inch remington 870 but to keep the pattern as tight as possible I use 00 buck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eXXit said:
Buck shot! Im shotin birds not Hog!(not yet)the laws state not more than 24"overaul.
you did not specify, what the purpose is for the shotgun. I had asumed you wanted to rig it up for home defence because you wanted to use a folder.
you will regret using a folder while shooting 3'' mags, you will tear you fucking arm out before the day is over. Been there done that , Trust me :roll:
[edit] sorry, I skimmed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know its not gonna be like a STD butt stock...but wats the **** with it is there to much flex with the pivots or what? I dont have a problem with her kikin my arse(not to bad). :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
eXXit said:
I know its not gonna be like a STD butt stock...but wats the **** with it is there to much flex with the pivots or what? I dont have a problem with her kikin my arse(not to bad). :lol:
It flexes alot, even more so when using 3" mags I had a buddy that one actually snapped while in use. he was so pissed. feels like a 10 gauge after about 10 shots
The stocks are not ment for that kind of use, It is more a home defence stock (5 shots tops) you are wanting to use it for waterfowl (5 boxes). They dont hold up well to that kind of abuse.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
eXXit said:
thing snapped! ur shittin me,3s arn,t that bad are they :twisted: what aftermarket was it? :?:
ATI folding stick
trust me we all heard a boom and a thick crack, we look over to see my buddy holding shotgun in one hand and the second half the stock in the other. I think he **** his pants.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts