National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
818 Posts
My uncle is a class III dealer and therefore I have shot my fair share of full autos. Other than being fun to shoot, I think they are a complete waste of ammo. I was once at a machine gun shoot in Arizona when I was like 13 and it broke my heart to see all the ammo wasted there. As far as NFA weapons go, I would rather own SBSs or SBRs or suppressed handguns. Those are more practical IMO.

G

·
Whatever rifle my son is using in Iraq will fire 3 round bursts or single rounds- no full auto.
Maybe some of the active duty members will post.

G

·
Full auto does have its place!

It was designed to be a supression fire!

In other words, if you are advanceing on an enemy position while they are shooting at you 1 or 2 of your guys can start shooting full auto on the enemies position and basically make them stop thier shooting because they need to take cover as to not get shot and your men can more easily advance. (Someone else may be able to word this better. I do not claim to be the best in the world at useing words. ;) )

It can be quite effective if used properly!

·
Registered
761 Posts
They're only practical in combat. Anything else is a complete waste of ammo...but boy oh boy is it fun!!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
zipperzap said:
What git and Zu said - impractical against rabbits.
:cool:

I never said anything about rabbits. Sometimes they're the most fun against rabbits. And deer.

G

·
Full-auto is very, very effective from crew-served weapons (and the M249 SAW). Much less so from things like M4s and M16s.

G

·
I hate three round burst. The full I don't mind using are those on the crew served weapons. On a rifle I can squeeze the trigger just as fast if I have to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts