National Gun Forum banner

How often do you shoot?

• More than once a week

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Once a week

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Once a month

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • I forget, where's the range?............

Votes: 2 9.1%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you guys get to the range and shoot? I shoot two pistol matches every Monday night (centerfire and .22), plus we shoot alot on Friday nights, then relax afterwards and maybe have an adult beverage or two. What about the rest of you?

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
I get to the range at least twice a week... three times a week when possible.

I just found out yesterday, that one of my favorite outdoor ranges are closing up. I took the family out... we had a blast... then a buddy of mine, one of the range officers informed me they'll be closing soon. Major bummer!

G

·
About once a week, excluding winter.

I spend my winters in VT and there isn't an indoor range (at least that I'm aware of) for miles. However, hunting season gets me through at least part of the winter!

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
I usually go shooting 2-3 times per month. Not gone shooting in 3 weeks though, all my funds are tied up in going to New Mexico this weekend, which should prove to be a very enjoyable time.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Once a week with my wife, then about three times a week depending on what the MSCs are doing.

I actually go out there to instruct at their shoots, but I get to burn off any excess ammo they have left over.

The last month or so has been pretty slow at one shoot a week, last week we had two gun teams come out and only brought 70k of 7.62 with em.

But things will pick up when one of our deployed battalions gets back in a few months.

You have to love the way the Corps does business. If they order and turn in extra ammo, then they don’t get to order as much next time. So it pays to burn off everything. Even if you are just firing at the cyclic to get rid of it :)

Damn, if we were a civilian corporation, we would go bankrupt within a year.

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
Not enough.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Not nearly enough, but I intend to get back into it again starting this week.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Not nearly enough, but I intend to get back into it again starting this week.
+1 - not nearly enough with two boys in baseball this summer. As of so far, about three times a month. :sad:

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Once a week with my wife, then about three times a week depending on what the MSCs are doing.

I actually go out there to instruct at their shoots, but I get to burn off any excess ammo they have left over.

The last month or so has been pretty slow at one shoot a week, last week we had two gun teams come out and only brought 70k of 7.62 with em.

But things will pick up when one of our deployed battalions gets back in a few months.

You have to love the way the Corps does business. If they order and turn in extra ammo, then they don’t get to order as much next time. So it pays to burn off everything. Even if you are just firing at the cyclic to get rid of it :)

Damn, if we were a civilian corporation, we would go bankrupt within a year.

Ah for the good old days when you could fire all you could carry and then some. The M14 on full auto, Ma Deuce, M16, Mk 79 Thumper, LAW and the M60 Pig - "shoot em if you got em." Not to mention, the ammunition was free and we were paid to shoot. It just didn't get any better than that.

Now that I have to pay for my own rounds, I limit my shooting to my budget constraints. :sad:

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Ah for the good old days when you could fire all you could carry and then some. The M14 on full auto, Ma Deuce, M16, Mk 79 Thumper, LAW and the M60 Pig - "shoot em if you got em." Not to mention, the ammunition was free and we were paid to shoot. It just didn't get any better than that.

Now that I have to pay for my own rounds, I limit my shooting to my budget constraints. :sad:
I hear ya. It is amazing how fast two or three gun teams can go through fifty or sixty thousand rounds.

Anymore I prefer to teach the EMARK and combat pistol/ shotgun courses as to the medium or heavy guns.

One day I will have to pay for my own ammo. :(

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I used to shoot 3-4 times a week.

I can't recall the last time I shot.

Ranges here are awfully crowded. And traffic sucks.

I've been looking hard at moving.

G

·
I sure miss that old outdoor range!

My wife and I usually shoot about once a month but occasionally I sneak in a extra range visit for a second shoot. When we moved to our present home (eight years ago) there was a great outdoor range about six or seven minutes from our back door. Now we have to drive about 45 minutes in heavy traffic each way to a indoor range. And then we have to time it when there is the least amount of traffic or it takes about a hour and a half.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
I used to shoot 3-4 times a week.

I can't recall the last time I shot.

Ranges here are awfully crowded. And traffic sucks.

I've been looking hard at moving.
Come on down to Jackassville. But there is no industry here. Only stripclubs, bailbonds, barbershops, pawn shops, and military or DoD employees. But the ranges are nice and cheap, with small numbers of shooters.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts

Now to fire the M-14 period would be a thrill for me and to fire one on full auto, now that has to be orgasmic.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I often go more than once a week, but there are some weeks when I don't go at all, so I figure the average is probably close to once a week. The only thing stopping me from going more is the cost of ammo.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts

My personal favorite was is and will always be the MK19. Firing 375 40 mike mike of HEDP a minute (cyclic) out to 1600 meters is a frigging blast.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts