National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I generally carry some firearm almost every time I leave the house. If I am going to the inlaw's for dinner and right back home, with no stops in between, sometimes I won't carry. (Not that it bothers the inlaws, because they are pro-gun). Also if I am going to be having a couple drinks, I won't carry. But I would say I carry about 90-95% of the time when I leave the house.

How does that stack up with what the rest of you do?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't carry at all, but I do have my license to carry. I work at an university and you are not allowed to carry on campus (as far as I know). I also don't feel the need to carry. I have my license just in case I want to.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
The only time I am not carrying is when I am drinking, or at work.

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
I carry everywhere except to work.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I try to carry most of the time. Probably works out to about 80% right now. But after reading some of the spontaneous shootings that have happened around the country I am trying to pack all the time.

I now take my gun with me in the house most of the time and have my S&W with crimson trace laser sight on my bed headboard.

Paranoid?? How can I be paranoid if I have a gun with me?? Thats one of Col. Coopers comments.

·
Former Tough Guy
117 Posts
Every time I leave the house...well, except to the swimming pool in the back yard.

·
Banned
921 Posts
I carry a SOG flash II folding knife around, but I just found out it's an "illegal" length (this is Texas dammit!)
I've been thinking about buying a .38 and keeping in the glove box.
Other than that, my pistols stay in a dresser with a full ammo clip waiting.

I guess I never feel like I'll need a gun. I rode the public subway system in downtown Boston for 2 years, never had a problem, but there were times I wish I had more than a knife, just incase.

Living in Austin, I've never had a problem.

There were some neighborhoods in Dallas were I wouldnt mind having some firepower.

So when you carry how do you dress? It's 98 degrees outside right now, and I couldnt/wouldnt wear a jacket or anything.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I carry a SOG flash II folding knife around, but I just found out it's an "illegal" length (this is Texas dammit!)

I guess I never feel like I'll need a gun. I rode the public subway system in downtown Boston for 2 years, never had a problem, but there were times I wish I had more than a knife, just in case.

There were some neighborhoods in Dallas were I wouldn't mind having some firepower.

So when you carry how do you dress? It's 98 degrees outside right now, and I couldn't/wouldn't wear a jacket or anything.

I wear shorts and a T-shirt in the summer in Oregon. Do my 2.8 mile walk in the morning with my neighbor and I carry a Kel-tec P3AT 380 caliber in a Galco pocket holster. The pistol only weights about 7 oz so its easy to pack. Don't even know its there most of the time. The Galco holster is made out of horsehair so it handles any perspiration better than regular cowhide.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I guess I never feel like I'll need a gun. I rode the public subway system in downtown Boston for 2 years, never had a problem, but there were times I wish I had more than a knife, just incase.

There were some neighborhoods in Dallas were I wouldnt mind having some firepower.

So when you carry how do you dress? It's 98 degrees outside right now, and I couldnt/wouldnt wear a jacket or anything.
When it's 98 dgrees and I'm in a t shirt and shorts, I usually throw my Beretta 950 .25 in my front strong side pocket using a pocket holster.
When it's cooler out, and I can wear jeans/sweatshirt, I carry a S&W model 60 .38 in a Galco belt holster.

I used to go for bigger carry guns, but my comfort prevailed. But at least I have one should I need it. I also always have either a SpyderCo folder or a S&W spring assist blade.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I didnt even know about the pocket holster, do you sew that in there? or does it just slip in?

This is the one I carry. It just slips into the pocket.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I carry about 90% of the time.

If I'm going to a restaurant that serves alcohol, sometimes I carry and sometimes I leave it at home rather than have to leave it in the truck (although I have a safe in my truck).

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Daily. I carry daily.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Every day, everywhere, including inside the house. Home invasions don't just happen in the middle of the night, and when someone breaks into your home in the afternoon, I doubt he'll wait while you run up to get your gun out of the night stand.

And yes, it's sometimes it's difficult and inconvenient- I am a consultant, so I travel to the client site every week, which means I have to go through the hassle of jumping through the TSA hoops twice a week. I also have to go through the discomfort of not being armed for several hours a week, but there's nothing I can do about that- I trick myself into believing it's ok, because it's almost impossible for someone else to have a gun there (inside the security zone, and on the plane). Doesn't matter though, in my view, it's worth this, and more. I only have one life, and it's not replaceable.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Pretty much everywhere I go. Restaurants that serve booze, well...it stays in the car. Let me give away a little secret. My wife owns several concealed carry purses. She carries when I can not. We worked out a system where she hands off the pistol to me, unless it is me getting the crap beat out of me. Then it is all on her. If you decide to go this route, it take PRACTICE to pull the pass off quickly and fluidly. Luckily, she works with me on this type of thing.

We have a no guns policy at work. So, I have to be careful what I say. **Cough Cough** I never carry at work. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts