National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of us have ccw permits, even for those who dont, do you watch every thing around you. I do, my head is always on a swivel. At the gas station, parking lot, grocery store, ect. My wife thinks Im paraniod, but shady characters are looking for people who are unaware of their surroundings. It doesnt bother me one bit to look some creep right in the eyes, for nothing else but so he knows that Im watching. Just wondering how aware you are of you what/ who is nearbye?

G

·
Gunny the Gun said:
Holy hell, I am not alone! :-B-: I am always doing a quick scan of a room or area looking for shady characters.
Oh yeah, me too. My wife used to accuse me of lookin at other women till she noticed my lookin at everybody. I am a people watcher first, second I do not want to be taken by surprise. :--- :---

G

·
If I catch a person staring at me , I like to mess with them and wave at them, that always catches them off guard :)

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
I watch myself, but I dont get into a panic mode. I just make sure I know whats going on and where people are at.

G

·
I hate to sit with my back to a door, window etc. But if forced to I always make sure that I am by a mirror or window that reflects. Nobody gonna sneak up on me! :eek:

G

·
Gunny the Gun said:
If I catch a person staring at me , I like to mess with them and wave at them, that always catches them off guard :)
Obviously I dont pay enough att to my surroundings,but thanx G 4 the addvice :lol:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Situational Awareness at all times.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

I learned a long time ago to watch my surroundings. The military has helped a lot, and my short time as a police officer really helped. I was constantly after my airman in the desert to always be watching for things that aren' normal and to always keep thier eyes on the third country national workers (TCNs), who were mostly arab, jordanian, and egyptian.

I can think of two or three times where my paranoia has probably saved my life...your brain is the weapon, the pistol is just a tool.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Critch said:
Situational Awareness at all times.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

I learned a long time ago to watch my surroundings. The military has helped a lot, and my short time as a police officer really helped. I was constantly after my airman in the desert to always be watching for things that aren' normal and to always keep thier eyes on the third country national workers (TCNs), who were mostly arab, jordanian, and egyptian.

I can think of two or three times where my paranoia has probably saved my life...your brain is the weapon, the pistol is just a tool.
Now there is an interesting statement. Got to give that one some thought! :eek: :eek:

G

·
leeindy said:
most people walk around there entire live in code white. im always i orange.
You need to reread Principles of Personal Defense. The Color Codes go: white-YELLOW-orange-red.

Yellow is "relaxed awareness." Orange is "unspecified alert." Cooper maintained that the human mind cannot stay in anything higher than yellow for an indefinite period of time. So are you really walking around in a state of unspecified alert, or is it just relaxed awareness?

The Color Codes as defined by Cooper have been broadly misunderstood to be levels of observation. In fact, he laid them out as a way to overcome the natural human aversion to killing other humans.

By the way, Lee...when did you meet Col. Cooper?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts