What Many Extra Mags Do You Carry

Votes: 17 63.0%

Votes: 9 33.3%

Votes: 1 3.7%
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
One magazine in my gun and another in my coat pocket. Also carry and nice folding knife as a close up back up weapon.:thumbsup:

G

·
0 Posts
:smile5: One 13 round magazine in the pistol. Another 17 round magazine on my belt. Cell phone and folding knife, too. During the evening hours I, also, carry a small (225 lumens) CQB flashlight; and, there's always a cigarette lighter in one of my pockets.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Two spare mags or speedloaders. I don't know why but I get that warm fuzzy feeling with plenty of ammo. I also have a light and a knife or two.

W

·
0 Posts
On duty 1 in the gun, 2 spares,

Off duty 1 in the gun, 1 spare.

Don't want to get caught by Mr. Murphy without a extra mag.

·
Registered
848 Posts
There is no option for "zero".
I look at it like this. I use my multi-tool and flashlight every day, all day. I don't carry any extras for them.
My firearm, never used it yet. If I were going to weigh myself down with extra stuff, I'd be taking extras
of what I use, as opposed to extras of what I never use.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I look at it like this. I use my multi-tool and flashlight every day, all day. I don't carry any extras for them.
My firearm, never used it yet. If I were going to weigh myself down with extra stuff, I'd be taking extras
of what I use, as opposed to extras of what I never use.
If you have never needed your pistol, why bother to weigh yourself down with it?
When I need that pistol, it will be far more useful than a flashlight or multi-tool. So might the extra ammo....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
848 Posts
Just my zen. Josey Wales said something, at the end of the movie, that always stuck with me.

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin'. " It meant something completely else in the movie, but my takeaway was
"What are you going to do, focus on the portion of your life where you live, succeed, have happiness, and do well,
or cart around fifty pounds of crap, in the off chance that you may someday drive off The Reaper ?" Bear in mind, your focus heavily influences your reality. By focusing, unduly, on a armed confrontation, aren't you shoehorning yourself into an eventual defense scenario, to some degree?

DON'T stop at extra mags! Better constantly wear a safety harness, helmet, flameproof clothing, and carry a jaws of life tool. Because you are far more likely to be seriously injured in a fall, fire, or car accident, than ever need to defend yourself with a firearm.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I carry 1 spare. Not so much for the extra rounds, but in the event of a malfunction.:cautious:

-jb

·
Registered
935 Posts
Just my zen. Josey Wales said something, at the end of the movie, that always stuck with me.

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin'. " It meant something completely else in the movie, but my takeaway was
"What are you going to do, focus on the portion of your life where you live, succeed, have happiness, and do well,
or cart around fifty pounds of crap, in the off chance that you may someday drive off The Reaper ?" Bear in mind, your focus heavily influences your reality. By focusing, unduly, on a armed confrontation, aren't you shoehorning yourself into an eventual defense scenario, to some degree?

DON'T stop at extra mags! Better constantly wear a safety harness, helmet, flameproof clothing, and carry a jaws of life tool. Because you are far more likely to be seriously injured in a fall, fire, or car accident, than ever need to defend yourself with a firearm.
Seriously???
No, I don't focus on armed defense.
I have rarely needed a defense at all. Being armed is simply one more option if I do.
But just in case I, or my family, are attacked I hope I can do more than tell them I can be a good witness later.
I remember that scene. It has nothing to do with me defending my family from an attacker. It was a warning that to interfere with another's life, especially with a weapon, could cost you yours.
What you seem to advocate is giving up without trying.
That is not an option. Period.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Wow, did you ever miss the point, entirely.

I'm not advocating giving up, I'm advocating the celebration of life, as opposed to crouching in a corner, 24 hours a day, pissing your pants, scared Death is going to reach out his bony claw, and grab you.

And NO the scene doesn't have anything to do with it. Read my post again, I SAID THAT.

·
Super Moderator
5,744 Posts
You want to carry then good. You don't want to carry then good. You want to carry extra magazines then good, you don't that's good to. To each their own.

This isn't really a debate on why one should or shouldn't. Whether if you do or not. Me? Yes I do carry extra magazines and every now n then a back up firearm.

Not bout being a tough guy, its just preparing for the worst IF it ever happens. I even carry medical supplies in my vehicle that most think is unnecessary and question. Why tourniquets? Why blood clots? Why emergency blankets? Why....? List goes on - One never knows.

Now if someone doesn't want to carry this in their vehicle or carry extra magazines then good, that's what they want to do.

Oh, side note: This thread is over ten years old :) Its all good, Still good to hear others opinions on this.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Wow, did you ever miss the point, entirely.

I'm not advocating giving up, I'm advocating the celebration of life, as opposed to crouching in a corner, 24 hours a day, pissing your pants, scared Death is going to reach out his bony claw, and grab you.

And NO the scene doesn't have anything to do with it. Read my post again, I SAID THAT.
Hide in fear of death? Not even close. Armed or otherwise.
And Josie Wales was trying to tell the bounty hunter that he was risking his life messing with him. I'm not twisting what you inferred, you are.
I carry a pistol, LC9S Pro and an extra mag. Although there are times I carry 2 and sometimes a shotgun as well. One pistol will have shot shells for the numerous rattle snakes and the shotgun with buckshot for cougars, coyotes and hogs. They can be a problem. There have been no cougar attacks but the hogs and coyotes have been well within shotgun range. Not to mention rabid skunks and raccoons. I generally walk the dog out in the country well after dark.
I seldom need any of it, but when I do, I'll really need it.
You do as you wish.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
usually a speed strip for the revolver and a 25 acp as backup for the weak hand.....old habits are hard to break.

if i carried a primary auto....then i would carry a spare mag.....seen to many do'oh moments on the firing line thru-out the years with autos.....

Reactions: QuickdrawMcgraw
21 - 39 of 39 Posts